Program feed rate not recognized

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
jharrisoncowan
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Program feed rate not recognized

Post by jharrisoncowan »

We're programming VCarve Pro for a Laguna IQ. We've set up an end mill and when we set a feed rate of 1ipm, or 100ipm. We never see any change in the feed rate on the machine itself.
We are wondering if the IQ is overriding our feed rate. We see parameters for WorkSpd set to 3000 on the hand control unit. Also FastSpd reads at 3000, and SpdScale shows 1.000.
Is the machine overriding the program? Has anyone been able to manually set these parameters in the hand control unit?

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Re: Program feed rate not recognized

Post by TReischl »

I would give Laguna a call, or if they have a forum ask this question there.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Post by IslaWW »

If you are using one of the Richauto pendant controllers there is a setting in the setup menu that selects between internal feedrates (& preset proportions) or accepting the feedrate from the mmg file. Sounds like you want the imported feeds rather than internal
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

Steve Misher
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR4

Post by Steve Misher »

If your speed scale reads 1, that is telling you it's set for the speed you set when you created the project. So if the tool you selected is set for 120 ipm, and the speed scale is set at 1, then it will cut at 120 ipm. On the controller, you can slow the that feed rate down by pressing the Y- key. Every time you press that key, you will see your speed scale go down. 1 is 100 %, 9 is 90%, 8 is 80%. That means you just slowed your feed rate down by 10% every time you press the Y- key on the controller.
I Have a Axiom and it's the same controller. I usually set my feed rate at a higher rate and then start the cut. If it seems like it's moving too fast I'll press the Y- key until I'm happy with the cut speed.
You can't increase the feed rate by pressing Y+, because you have it set in the file you created and can only slow it down. That's why I set my feed rate higher in the file I'm cutting and then slow it down.

Hope this helps!

mday
Model of CNC Machine: Omni 1212

Post by mday »

IslaWW wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:33 pm
If you are using one of the Richauto pendant controllers there is a setting in the setup menu that selects between internal feedrates (& preset proportions) or accepting the feedrate from the mmg file. Sounds like you want the imported feeds rather than internal
Hi Gary, how are things in Marquette?
I have the Richauto A18 on my Omni CNC and have the same issue as the poster of this thread. I attached a snippet of the manual the refers to the Gcode setup. I just changed the "S Read" from the default of "ignore", to "Read S". Is this what you are referring to?
Attachments
Screenshot from 2020-03-13 17-18-53.png