text spacing and curve tool

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
blacktrain
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Swift 4x4

text spacing and curve tool

Post by blacktrain »

If I type out a sentence that is horizonal and use the curve tool I can curve the sentence with no problem but if I do individual letters and put them vertical the curve tool will not work. any ideas? I appreciate your help. Thanks...

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: text spacing and curve tool

Post by highpockets »

Something like this?
Image 404.png
John
Maker of Chips

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The tools will only work with actual text not individual letters. When you enter the text into the text tool press Enter after each letter to make a vertical sentence.

blacktrain

Post by blacktrain »

When creating my sentence I have entered a letter, and hit enter each time until my sentence is complete but the curve tool won't work. The following is what I want to make vertical and curve it. (Star Lake Fire Department) The curve tool I am trying to use is under the heading (create vectors) and is the third row and the third one in the icon has a arrow with the ab. I sincerely appreciate all your help. Thanks...

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Sorry I misunderstood slightly what you were trying to do.

Are you wanting the text to be vertical as in the picture posted above? If so just enter the text as a normal line (not vertical) and use the curve tool on a vertical curve. You'll probably need to play around with the offset spacing and kerning.

If that's not what you're trying to do could you post a picture?

blacktrain

Post by blacktrain »

O.K I believe I understand now. You can use the (edit text spacing and curve) for sentences that are horizonal and arc them, and if you have sentences that go vertical then you use the other tool (wrap text around a curve) to get basically the same result. Am I thinking correctly? Thank you again for all your help I greatly appreciate...