Need help with this cutout

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
ColeHumphrey
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko XXL

Need help with this cutout

Post by ColeHumphrey »

New to Vcarve Pro and was wanting some help on how I would go about setting up this file to cut right??

Thanks for any input......
Attachments
IMG_88771.jpg

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Need help with this cutout

Post by Adrian »

What are you having trouble with? It's a pretty simple design provided you have small enough bits as the one in the picture was laser cut.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

I'd just get it laser cut. Simple, quick, reasonably inexpensive.

But if you want to cut it: you might think about placing a strip of double-sided (or double-stick if that term is more familiar) tape across where the letters are. This is just to give some support so that they don't get lifted and destroyed while cutting.

Steven

GME
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: 4 X 4 wood router

Post by GME »

adze_cnc wrote:I'd just get it laser cut. Simple, quick, reasonably inexpensive.

But if you want to cut it: you might think about placing a strip of double-sided (or double-stick if that term is more familiar) tape across where the letters are. This is just to give some support so that they don't get lifted and destroyed while cutting.

Steven
Another similar method is to use blue tape and super glue. Put blue tape on the back of the stock, and a corresponding piece of blue tape on the machine bed. Put super glue on the tape that's on the bed and place the stock on it. It holds well, and comes off easier than double faced tape. Here's a link to a YouTube video. I use it. It works like a charm.

Gary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uTsQ3dYRrk&t=1s