M06 Tool Change being ignored

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Signdude
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko XXL

M06 Tool Change being ignored

Post by Signdude »

I'm using VCarve Desktop on a Shapeoko 3XXL with GRBL V. 1.1.

I'm using the Shapeoko_inch_TC.pp on a file containing one path using a 1/4" endmill and a second using a 1/8" endmill.
With that said, when running the resulting GCode file, the M06 Tool Change is completely ignored and the program runs to completion
as if there was only one tool.

Additionally, if my first path uses a bit identified as Tool 7 in the Tool Library and the second path uses a bit identified as Tool 1, the
GCode file shows T1 in both locations.

Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: M06 Tool Change being ignored

Post by martin54 »

You will probably get a better answer to this type of question if you ask this on a dedicated forum for your machine, think one exists from other posts I have read.
Your problem may well be how you have your control software set up to run your CNC rather than the gcode file itself :lol: :lol:

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Where did you get the post processor from? It doesn't appear to be a standard one supplied with VCarve from what I can see.

Signdude
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko XXL

Post by Signdude »

The Post was one of the 472 available in VCarve Desktop. The other Shapeoko Tool Change Post is Shapeoko_mm_TC.pp for millimeters.

I'm using Windows 10. The Vectric Post Processors are located in a folder on drive C: > ProgramData > Vectric > VCarve Desktop > V9.5 > PostP.

You can create your own customized list of post processors by creating a Folder named My_PostP and then copying not moving only the post processors you
want to use from the PostP folder to the My_PostP folder.

Only the post processors that exist in the My_PostP folder will be displayed in the drop down list of post processors in VCarve.

Hope this helps.

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

I think Adrian (and many others) did not realize that apparently V Carve Desktop includes posts that are not included with Aspire.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Just for clarification.

VCarve Desktop does not ship with any post processors that are not also included with Aspire.

The post processor that the first poster has mentioned is not a standard post processor that is included with any Vectric software.

No Shapeoko post processor that is currently included with the software as standard includes a Tool Change section,
whilst it is possible to add a tool change section and tool change commands to any post processor that is not currently an ATC post processor.
You would need to check that the version of the control or control software that you are using, supports the commands that you add.

Cheers,

Mark.