Downloading 3D tabs

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
apopj
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XXL

Downloading 3D tabs

Post by apopj »

Hello all,
When I attempt to download some of the "downloadable" tabs in Vcarve Desktop, it says I am not "signed in". So, I sign in and it says I am successfully linked. Then when I go back and try to download the tab again, I get the same message. How do I get out of this loop and download the rest of the clipart things?
Thanks for the help,

Jeff

scubanimal
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Stinger1 24, Shark HD2 Pro, Aspire,

Re: Downloading 3D tabs

Post by scubanimal »

Jeff,
I'm not following your question, I'd like to try to help but I'm not sure what you're describing. But I would try this. Close out vcarve, then sign into the portal, immediately open up v-carve and then go to the clip art. The portal does only stay open a limited time, so you don't have time for a coffee break, but there is plenty of time to link up. But I'm not sure that is what you're asking for.
V/R,
Ian

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

If you just want to download & install all the clipart onto your computer then forget about opening up the software, simply log in to your portal account, navigate to the downloads section & download each folder. Once downloaded just double click the downloaded file & it will auto install. :lol: :lol:

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by gregk »

Hi Jeff,

If the website said that you are successfully linked, then in theory everything should work. However if won't work if VCarve is being blocked by the firewall or if there is some other communication problem with the clipart server.

Although Martin's suggestion will work as well, we still want to improve the in software download, so if you could please do the following to help us to investigate:
  1. Make sure VCarve Desktop is not running
  2. Start VCarve Desktop
  3. Create a new job
  4. Go to the clipart tab and try to download a single clipart piece
  5. If you are asked to sign in, please do that
  6. Once the website says that you're successfully linked, go back to VCarve
  7. If VCarve still says that you are not signed, go to File->Open Application Data Folder
  8. Go to the folder called 'Logs'
  9. Look for a file called 'debug_2019-03-06_0.log'. If there are multiple .log files with today's date, then please pick them all
  10. Send those files to us at support@vectric.com
If you have any question, please not hesitate to ask.

Greg K