From saving toolpaths to starting cutting

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
hcannon1107
Model of CNC Machine: shapeoko 3 xxl

From saving toolpaths to starting cutting

Post by hcannon1107 »

I'M NEW
PRETTY GOOD WITH VCARVE PRO, WILL HAVE MY SHAPEOKO 3 XXL IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS.
IS THERE A GOOD VIDEO OR INSTRUCTIOINS FROM THE POINT YOU SAVE YOUR TOOLPATHS TO THE ACTUAL CUTTING.
ARE THE TOOLPATHS SAVED WITHIN THE PROJECT FILE? WHAT FIRMWARE, SOFTWARE OR ANY OTHER WARE THAT NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED?
WHAT ARE THE STEP BY STEP PROCESSES? SETTING THE Z AXIS? ORGANIZATION IN THE ORDER OF TOOLPATHS?
WHAT ALL CAN BE DONE BEFORE MY CNC ARRRIVES?
JUST HAVENT FOUND ANY INFORMATION
HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: FROM SAVING TOOLPATHS TO START CUTTING

Post by Adrian »

That point onwards is really down to the machine you're using as it's different from machine to machine so you really need to be going to the support site of your machine for the exact steps required.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Is there not information for this at the Shapeoko site? https://docs.carbide3d.com/

aaronzo
Model of CNC Machine: SHapeoko XXL, PRS 48 x 96

Post by aaronzo »

Here is a tutorial on the Carbide 3-d Community website that explains this step by step.

https://community.carbide3d.com/t/vectr ... view/11559

I had the same issue, I use a version that is specific for Shopbots and it does not export files that work with
Shapeokos, I have emailed Vectric to confirm they provide the compatible G-code files for Shapeoko XXL. From what I've seen here ,
No one seems to want to commit.
Their Carbide create software is so cumbersome and non-conventional.
Once you get used to Vcarve you cant go back.

Jozua
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: EZ-Router

Post by Jozua »

“IS THERE A GOOD VIDEO OR INSTRUCTIOINS FROM THE POINT YOU SAVE YOUR TOOLPATHS TO THE ACTUAL CUTTING” No, all you have to do is to select the correct Post-processor.

“ARE THE TOOLPATHS SAVED WITHIN THE PROJECT FILE? WHAT FIRMWARE, SOFTWARE OR ANY OTHER WARE THAT NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED?” Yes, the software will remember the choice post-processor but the G-code file (that your machine can read) will be saved to another file. No other software is needed to be installed all you have to do is to select the correct Post-processor to save your files. Nothing more is needed other than to select the correct Post-processor for your machine before you save your files.

“WHAT ARE THE STEP BY STEP PROCESSES? SETTING THE Z AXIS? ORGANIZATION IN THE ORDER OF TOOLPATHS?” The step by step process to setup the Z axis of your machine is something that you have to find out from your machine manufacturer. Tool-path order is how you designed the project, your choice of the order in which you want to cut the project.

“WHAT ALL CAN BE DONE BEFORE MY CNC ARRRIVES?” Nothing more than to design your project. Run a simulation to see that it is everything that you expect. Remember the toolpath preview is accurate. What you see is what you get.

“JUST HAVENT FOUND ANY INFORMATION”. What other information are you looking for?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

aaronzo wrote:Here is a tutorial on the Carbide 3-d Community website that explains this step by step.

https://community.carbide3d.com/t/vectr ... view/11559

I had the same issue, I use a version that is specific for Shopbots and it does not export files that work with
Shapeokos, I have emailed Vectric to confirm they provide the compatible G-code files for Shapeoko XXL. From what I've seen here ,
No one seems to want to commit.
Their Carbide create software is so cumbersome and non-conventional.
Once you get used to Vcarve you cant go back.
The ShopBot version will only output files for a ShopBot. You need the full version to be able to create files for other machines. Not sure what you mean by "no one seems to want to commit". There are people here using Shapeoko and other machines based on the same technology and have posted several times.