Shark 3d post processors

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
bsmith2000
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4

Shark 3d post processors

Post by bsmith2000 »

What is the difference between CNCShark CNC-USB 3d Contour (inch) (*.tap) and CNCShark CNC 3d Arcs (inch) (*.tap) processors. Which one do I use?

scubanimal
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Stinger1 24, Shark HD2 Pro, Aspire,

Re: Shark 3d post processors

Post by scubanimal »

Dang, I'm sorry, I don't remember the difference. I do know you use the arcs PP though. You might ask the same question over on cncSharkTalk.com, someone there might remember the purpose of contours. I know I tried it years ago, but now just use the arcs, rotaryX,Y or laser PP depending on what I'm doing.
If that forum doesn't have the answer try the support team, some of the guys there are pretty good and could probably tell you in detail.
V/R,
Ian

lsvien
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark

Post by lsvien »

Sometime around 2012 NextWave updated their PP's. I use CNCShark - USB New Arcs (inch)(*.tap) and it has remained the same for the past 7 years. You could open each one up in notepad. They are straight text files. you then could have them side by side and see if you can spot a difference in the text. That might give you a clue as to what is different.
Mother Nature always bats last!

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Isvien:

If you are comparing files often you might try WinMerge http://winmerge.org/?lang=en

I ran WinMerge on the two Shark post-processors mentioned [although I couldn't find "CNCShark CNC 3d Arcs (inch)" but the was a "CNCShark CNC Arcs (inch)"] and the differences amounted to some "dwell" commands in the 'arcs' file and a different curve fitting tolerance in the 'contour' file.

Steven