Circles are too big

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
terry1956
Model of CNC Machine: sieg x1

Circles are too big

Post by terry1956 »

Hi, I have a big problem. I have drawn a part in solidworks, down loaded it to vcarve pro. And used vcarve to write the g code. All this in mm. however when it comes to cutting the circles which should be 22mm did the tool keeps cutting the circle until I stop it at 49mm dia. The driving software is mach3. I have run the g code in a sim and it looks ok. So the fault lays in the way mach3 is reading the g code. Anyone have any answers. Thanks.

ezurick

Re: Circles are too big

Post by ezurick »

Which post=processor are you selecting when you generate the g-code in vcarve? And what machine are you using? I've accidentally selected the wrong post-processor for my chinese 6040 and it went erratic. Gotta make sure you are selecting the proper one.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

in v-carve did you select the correct ,,, inside- profile?
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Leo wrote:in v-carve did you select the correct ,,, inside- profile?
The difference in size between the circles is about an inch (27mm), so I don’t think that’s his problem.

Unless he’s using a big ol’ end mill - it’s possible, I guess. (0.5” EM)

Sure do wish folks would upload (or link to) their files. Eliminates a lot of wasted time guessing.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Terry,

Check what Leo mentioned. If that’s not the issue, go ahead and post your file here, please. One of us can look at it for you to confirm the whether the Toolpaths are setup properly, etc.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC

terry1956
Model of CNC Machine: sieg x1

Post by terry1956 »

Hi, at the moment this forum locks me out on my pc, so I am using my iPad. So far I have been told the following. Mach3 as a setting called absolute and incremental. The default is absolute but so some reason vcarve is not triggering that setting which is G91.1 I have tried to edit the g code to include the line. But still large circles. I have ran a bit of g code using other software and the circles came out ok. So the fault lays in how mach3 is reading the g code. As soon as I can get on line with the pc I will attach the g code. Thanks for interest.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Please upload your VECTRIC file - not the G-Code.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

terry1956 wrote:So the fault lays in how mach3 is reading the g code.
Mach3 reads the g-code exactly as it's written. The most likely scenario is your g-code is wrong.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

terry1956 wrote:Hi, at the moment this forum locks me out on my pc, so I am using my iPad. So far I have been told the following. Mach3 as a setting called absolute and incremental. The default is absolute but so some reason vcarve is not triggering that setting which is G91.1 I have tried to edit the g code to include the line. But still large circles. I have ran a bit of g code using other software and the circles came out ok. So the fault lays in how mach3 is reading the g code. As soon as I can get on line with the pc I will attach the g code. Thanks for interest.

Again, which post-processor are you selecting in vcarve for your machine?

wmgeorge
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Workbee 1000x750 Mach 4 PMDX Controller

Post by wmgeorge »

He got the information he needed over on the Mach Support Forum, someone looked at his g-code not the VC file.

Posted by Tweakie.cnc Not sure this will cure the problem but....

With Mach3 you must not have the G90 and the G91.1 on the same line of code - they must be on separate lines.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

Seems odd to me that some folks are reluctant to post their Vectric files here, despite repeated requests.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC

wmgeorge
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Workbee 1000x750 Mach 4 PMDX Controller

Post by wmgeorge »

mtylerfl wrote:Seems odd to me that some folks are reluctant to post their Vectric files here, despite repeated requests.
Do the Vectric files include the Post Processor information? Well I just opened some files from 2008 or 2009 done in VCP5.x and no gcode or post processor included. Of course you guys know that. I just wanted to make sure. But I have ran those old files just fine on my new machine and VCP9.5 by selecting the PP for the system I have now.