update program

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
thomas61
Model of CNC Machine: Shop Sabre

update program

Post by thomas61 »

Hello all, New to the forum...1st timer. I am having troubles finding where to download the latest version. Top right corner states a new version of Vcarve Pro is available. Where?
Second question...when I open vcarve I get a box about migration. What is this? Thanks

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: update program

Post by Adrian »

Click on the message at the top right hand corner and it will take you there.

The box about migration is for when you have done an update, it's asking you which settings etc you want to move from the old version to the new version.

thomas61
Model of CNC Machine: Shop Sabre

Post by thomas61 »

When I click on the location for the download, it looks like I have to download the whole program again. Is there a place just to down load the update or do I have to download the whole program.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Some updates like V8 to V9 and V9 to V9.5 are complete program installs. Others like 9.5 to 9.51 are updates to the program itself and not complete installs.

netsnake
Model of CNC Machine: DIY

Post by netsnake »

Hello,
ok, I made migration to 9.5 from 9.0.
but I cannot open version 9.0 projects.
How to convert them?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Vcarve is fully backwards compatabile so you can open all v9 (and previous version) projects in v9.5. There is no need to do any conversion.

You might have messed up the windows file associations somehow so double clicking the file could be trying to open a version that no longer exists on your computer. If you open them from within a VCarve session there shouldn't be a problem.

You can reset the program used to open CRV files from the Windows control panel or file association app.

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

Adrian wrote:Vcarve is fully backwards compatabile so you can open all v9 (and previous version) projects in v9.5. There is no need to do any conversion.

You might have messed up the windows file associations somehow so double clicking the file could be trying to open a version that no longer exists on your computer. If you open them from within a VCarve session there shouldn't be a problem.

You can reset the program used to open CRV files from the Windows control panel or file association app.

Correct... easiest way is to right click on one of those .crv files from Explorer and select "open with" and chose default program... find the vcarve program and be sure to put a check mark in the "always use the selected program to open this kind of file".