Background Display Image

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro

Background Display Image

Postby CNCGG » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:57 pm

What image size is used to make the display image in the display?
I want to add my logo to the corner, but it distorts in V carve.
Thank,Glenn
Attachments
TEST.jpg
CNCGG
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Background Display Image

Postby Adrian » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:09 am

I don't think it would work as a fixed amount unless you're always using exactly the same size of material. I think you'd have to experiment with different sizes to see which ones don't scale when used in conjunction with the material you're using.

I would think it would probably be a lot easier to add the logo afterwards in a drawing/paint package. That's what I do with all my previews. I save the preview in PNG format from Aspire to get a transparent background and then import into a template in Xara which has my logo set as a background watermark.
Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Background Display Image

Postby gregk » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:30 am

If you are using the new background image option that was added in 9.5, then this background image is tied to 3D view window size, not the material size.
In this case I would just save the preview image and check its size. Then rescale your background image with logo to the same size and it should display correctly.
Of course if you change 3D view size later (e.g. when you use 2D and 3D view side by side) the background may need another adjustment. But if you always save the preview with given 3D view size then it should be fine.

Greg K
gregk
Vectric Staff

Model of CNC Machine: None

Return to VCarve - General