Adrian is right, STL-export is Aspire-only feature. I'm sorry for misleading you, I just didn't notice that it was V-Carve section of the forum.
In your case, there is another workflow possible, that does not require you to go through double-sided project.
- Create a rotary job and import your STL model of half of the handle:
It should look like this (view from Z axis):
From the other side it will look horrible (but we will fix that in a moment):
- In your component tree you should now have your imported model and a zero plane. Right click on the former and select duplicate
- Select the copy of the imported model and mirror it vertically (or horizontally, if you are wrapping around X axis)
- With that component still selected, go to 'Move Selection' form. Select bottom left corner as the anchor, select 'Absolute' as move type and enter x: 0 y: y/2 (press equal here to calculate the formula (if wrapping around x axis use x: x/2 y:0
- Set the merge mode of the component to merge. It should look like this:
- Right click on the level and select 'Wrapping'. Both sides of the handle should be now fully visible
The final result can look like this:
You may get the seam between two halves. This would have been easy to fix, if you were using Aspire (e.g. using Sculpting tool). I'm not sure what to do about it in V-Carve though, maybe someone here will have some tips on that.
I hope that this helps with your project.