Need Help

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Joeshark
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark HD4

Need Help

Post by Joeshark »

I guys, I just bought a clipart from Design & Make. the problem is I cant get it to download into my clipart file in the program. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Joe

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Need Help

Post by martin54 »

If it is an individual model then there won't be any automatic installer so you will have to move it manually to where you want it, if you have bought the v3m version then it will display in the clipart folder you place it in as all the others models within the vectric software do :lol: :lol:

Joeshark

Post by Joeshark »

I bought the v3m version. When I downloaded it I didn't have a choice where to put it besides in the download file. It wasn't a zip file like I have had before. Only way I can open the file is to install the Design & Make machinist program.

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

Win7 control computer replacement location.
2019-01-15 15_28_56-Design&Make.jpg
Same in Win10?
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You can't open a V3M file directly in VCarve. You have to import it into an existing job as a model/component with the icon on the modelling tab, from the File menu or via the clipart tab if you change location/put the file in an existing slot.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

As I said you will need to move it to where you want it, just move it or copy & paste it, if you add it to the design & make folder it will display as a thumnail the same way the models that came with the software do :lol: :lol:
For individual models I don't personally add them to the design & make folder as Scott has done. I normally put them in the existing clipart folders under the right catagory, ie animals, borders, decorative etc etc I rename them so they have a proper name rather than just a number :lol: :lol:

Joeshark

Post by Joeshark »

ok i'll try that. thanks for all your help!