is it possible 2

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
monlover
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Omnitech 4X8 with 8 tool

is it possible 2

Post by monlover »

sorry I attached the wrong image
the attached one has the side panel and cross highlighted, and this what i look for.
Thank you.
Attachments
2019-01-10_1234.png

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: is it possible 2

Post by martin54 »

you can't create the artwork for anything 3D in vcarve as it doesn't have modeling tools so what you can create 3D wise is limited to what you can find or what you can create with other software, not sure if vcarve has mirror mode or not, only have up to vcarve 8.5 & believe it was introduced after that, if it does support mirror mode you could create panels that were similar to that fairly easiy. :lol: :lol:

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Looking at the two panels I'd say that if you had v-bits of the appropriate angle(s) plus some straight bits this could be laid out in VCarve as a "2D" job and cut with some difficulty.

The "cornea" at the centre of the eye shapes on the left panel might be tricky if it is particularly spherical.

Thinking about it a bit more the angled "leaves" and "eyes" could be cut using a straight bit and plenty of fluting toolpaths. Mind you, layout would be fiendishly complicated.

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

you can't create the artwork for anything 3D in vcarve as it doesn't have modeling tools so what you can create 3D wise is limited to what you can find or what you can create with other software, not sure if vcarve has mirror mode or not, only have up to vcarve 8.5 & believe it was introduced after that, if it does support mirror mode you could create panels that were similar to that fairly easiy. :lol: :lol:
Hey Martin54,

I tend to differ slightly from your opinion. 3D items can be accomplished in V-Carve. It is just more complicated and you have to use some nifty creative thinking in order to get your ideas transformed into 3D. Take for example the Spider on the web below it was created totally in V-Carve through various cutting stages using different cutting tools in order to achieve 3D. There are no models in this carving, not one!!!
Spider in Web.jpg
I accomplished this same technique on a cat FACE bird house also which you can see below. Normally for this bird house project the parts are all cut separately and glued into place. I enjoyed the challenge of taking a 3/4" thick wood panel and designing the carves all in various steps in order to achieve the all-in-one 3D look cat face.
cat_face_birdhouse_3.jpg
Of course for this project it would be very tedious and time consuming doing it in V-Carve ---- much easier accomplished in a program like Aspire. Just wanted to point out that yes 3D can be accomplished in V-Carve just not as easily.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to jump in here quickly and say that I do not take credit for the Spider on the web project it was someone else's nifty creation.

Learned something very unique from it!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

I tend to differ slightly from your opinion. 3D items can be accomplished in V-Carve. It is just more complicated and you have to use some nifty creative thinking in order to get your ideas transformed into 3D. Take for example the Spider on the web below it was created totally in V-Carve through various cutting stages using different cutting tools in order to achieve 3D. There are no models in this carving, not one!!!

if you look at what the OP wanted to create then I don't believe they would have been able to create it in vcarve but I am not an expert, you could create something similar as I pointed out in the OP's other post where I included a link to the gothic quatrefoil tutorial :lol: :lol:
I also said that you couldn't create 3D artwork in vcarve, not that you couldn't create anything 3D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

phill05
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Hybrid re-build

Post by phill05 »

monlover wrote:sorry I attached the wrong image
the attached one has the side panel and cross highlighted, and this what i look for.
Thank you.
I have a 3D model very close to what you are looking for, if you it would help you and can import a STL file into V Carve I could send you the stl file.

Phill
03a.PNG
A person who works with his hands, his brain and his heart is an artist"
—Louis Nizer