This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
I am trying to create some pieces that have a slightly tapered surface. They are 24" long and I need the high spot of the taper to be 1" long and then from this point taper down toward each end by .03". Basically, I'm starting with .6875" thick material and I want to maintain that in the middle (for 1 inch) but need it to be .6575 on each end. Can someone point me in the right direction for how to do this in V-Carve or maybe some tutorials that would help with this? Thanks in advance!
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:48 am
- Model of CNC Machine: NewCNC Smart ER Series 2
Look at using the Moulding Toolpath.
In the preview I exaggerated the tape so you could see the results.
A .03" taper over a 11" distance doesn't seem like much.
Hope this helps.
Maker of Chips
- Vectric Wizard
- Posts: 2071
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:04 pm
- Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro
I was curious to see how little a 1/32" slope over 11.5" really is. Unlike John I used the fluting toolpath. It's a very minimal slope indeed.
- (89.5 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
- Vectric Apprentice
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:08 pm
- Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008
Return to VCarve - General
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: FixitMike, Google [Bot] and 34 guests