txt layers

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
David Tolley
Model of CNC Machine: workbee

txt layers

Post by David Tolley »

HI

Another question I'm afraid - probably a basic error I'm making but can't figure it out.

I'm trying to recreate one of the designs in the gallery which I thought was quite nice.

Please see attached my version for my family

basic circular design stacked txt base layer large T txt, top layer The Tolley Family which I can create the tool path to with no issue having viewed the stacked txt tutorial on a few occasions.

My problem is the first names David Tracy Stephen which are on the base layer, When I create a V carve cut for these it completes the vcarve cut but then takes of around 2.00mm from the entire base layer which completely removes the detail from the first names leaving a raised block of unreadable txt.

Any Ideas as to why??

Many Thanks

Dave
Attachments
circular sfamily stacked tx.pdf
(66.77 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: txt layers

Post by martin54 »

Questions are what this forum exists for & others will benefit from yours :lol: :lol:

Would it be possible for you to post the actual file? Doesn't look like there is any copyright material & it would help to be able to see what you are doing, has to be the whole file including your toolpathing, if it's to large to upload then a dropbox link or something :lol: :lol: :lol:

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Dave,

Here are two excellent video tutorials that should help you avoid unexpected issues when doing stacked text projects:

http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... cks_1.html

http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... cks_3.html
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

David Tolley

Post by David Tolley »

Thanks Martin I'll see if I can upload at some point.

David Tolley

Post by David Tolley »

Thanks Mtyler

I have seen the one tutorial and have completed a design and tool paths using that.

That's what confused my as to why the bottom layer wasn't cutting correctly then having another flat pass go over the base layer.

I'll try to post the file as I have mentioned in another post. see if that helps show the problem I am having.

Thanks for the tip

David Tolley

Post by David Tolley »

Hi I've tried to attach the files which it is not allowing.

Will have to take advice from a couple of pals who are more technically minded than I am.

Dave