clip art

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
David Tolley
Model of CNC Machine: workbee

clip art

Post by David Tolley »

Hi All

Just upgraded from cut2D pro to Vcarve pro so many questions to follow:

I've viewed the import clip art tutorial, however when I have tried to download an image I'm transferred to the vectric website that asks for aspire to check my licence.

Why is it asking for aspire to check my licence and not Vcarve?

If I allow access can I then download clip art as and when I want to or do I have to log in and allow licence verification each time I wish to create a new project?

Many THanks

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: clip art

Post by Adrian »

The first time you download clipart you have to create a connection to your portal account which is why it's asking for your login details. Once you've done it then you shouldn't need to do it again unless the connection is lost by an upgrade etc.

David Tolley

Post by David Tolley »

thanks Adrian
I'll give it a blast.

Dave

David Tolley

Post by David Tolley »

Hi Adrian

Can I create my own clip art images to use? if so how?

If I import a clip art file from my computer or off the net how do I transform it to a usable file?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Depends if you mean 2D or 3D clipart.

3D clipart can only be created with Aspire but you can use various 3D files from the 'net with VCarve. Vectrics own Design & Make website (which is where the included clipart comes from) is a good source as they supply V3M format files which allows you to import more than one into a job. With the other formats such as STL you can only import one at a time. The tutorials cover the importing of third party files like that.

2d clipart can be imported in multiple formats with the most common being EPS, SVG and DXF. How you go about toolpathing those files is covered in detail in the tutorials.