Forum issues - no place to post issues

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
ezurick

Forum issues - no place to post issues

Post by ezurick »

Apologize if this is the wrong forum but I see no other place to post forum issues. I can't really understand why vectric chose to use a free forum software to support their high-end products. phpBB interface is not that appealing, in my opinion... However, it is what it is... but why is there no place to discuss forum issues? Maybe someone doesn't want to see them?

- I do see a few users have avatars on their profile. I went to upload mine and believe it or not, the size limitation is 6KB or less. Does anyone realize what that means? In Photoshop, a jpeg would have to be about 2 pixels or less. I see that those few users with avatar pics didn't have that limitation. hmmmm.

Also, I see a few users have new posts in the forum called "Technical"... but I see no way to post or reply in that forum. Any reason?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Forum issues - no place to post issues

Post by Adrian »

There are many ways of resizing the size of a photo that doesn't involve reducing the pixel count to that sort of level. As you can see the majority of posters have done it. I'm sure Photoshop must be capable of doing but I use Xara for my photos.

The Technical Archive section is an archive of posts from elsewhere on the forum not a place where people can create posts. It's administered by Vectric. If you have an issue that isn't related to the Vectric software then you would post it in the Hardware related or Software related section as appropriate.

You'd be hard pushed to find any forum that doesn't use software such as phpBB. It's used by thousands of sites worldwide. The advantage of that is there are many sites that explain the use of it's features etc.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

The forum is mainly for users to ask other users for help & advice, Vectric do moderate it & if you have a suggestion or a feature you would like added then best to email vectric support, if enough people wanted a section added for Forum support/issues then Vectric would consider adding one. Most people just add it to the general forum for whatever software they are using as you have done, don't think it has anything to do with people not wanting to see them :lol: :lol:

As Adrian has said there are many ways to resize & I would guess everyone with an avatar has the same restrictions, just checked mine & it is 5.6Kb so within the 6kb limit.

The technical archive forum/section is a collection of posts from elsewhere on the forum, each one of them has a link to the original post so if you want to add something then just use the link to the original post & reply as normal :lol: :lol:
My guess would be that since each of the posts in the technical archive exists elsewhere on the forum there is no need to be ale to reply to threads in that section.

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

Thanks guys...