design and make files

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
rbuckner
Model of CNC Machine: SharkHD4

design and make files

Post by rbuckner »

I have the shark HD4 and vectric Pro 9.5 software. I purchased several designs and apparently downloaded the wrong files because when I design and save to my USB drive it doesn't show on my pendant screen. What files do I down load and how do I get them to work so I may get busy making sawdust,

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: design and make files

Post by Adrian »

It's not the download file that is the problem. It's the file type you're saving when it comes to the toolpath save dialog as that's what gets loaded to the USB.

When you save the toolpaths what post processor are you choosing from the dropdown list?

rbuckner

Post by rbuckner »

I will look. when I use the clipart that came with vectric pro for example the 3D bear it carves just fine. when I tried with the deep woods file it doesn't. I will look and get back.

rbuckner

Post by rbuckner »

thank you. this is the first time I purchased files. I totally forgot about the post processor choices

Jhodge76
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4

Post by Jhodge76 »

Hi,

If you just got your Shark make sure you go to the Next Wave website and update your pendant and control software. It might have the updated versions if you just got it but if it doesn't it can cause it to just move in one direction while cutting and not stop. I updated in the beginning of this year and have not had any issues since.

Also the post processor files for Vcarve are on their site as well.

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

Side point for VCP owners.....when picking format from Design&Make go for the .v3m....we can stick as many .v3m's in a project as we want, whereas we can only import 1 .stl in a project without jumping through some hoops and losing some options.
At least in my experience.
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.