Support

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Support

Post by highpockets »

I can understand your frustration, but Vectric is very responsive, my guess is there's a email glitch either on their end or yours.
When you've emailed support@vectric.com did you receive a Support Request reply email stating something like the below? Should have come with in less than an hour of your sending your request for support. If not there is defiantly a email glitch. Have you tried checking your spam filter?

Your request (104401) has been received and will be reviewed by our support staff.

**Please note that our standard business hours are Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00 UTC

To add additional comments, reply to this email.
John
Maker of Chips

Steve Misher
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR4

Post by Steve Misher »

Ken: I stand corrected! I didn't realize you had already registered the software. I thought you were having problems installing and registering it!
All I can say is Vectric does stand behind there products and are always happy to help.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Steve Misher wrote:Ken: I stand corrected! I didn't realize you had already registered the software. I thought you were having problems installing and registering it!
Same here, I also thought the same

**********************************************************************************************************
Your original post
I am new to vcarve and had a number of issues installing the software from Vetic's USB stick. I sent a number of emails to their support team. To date I have not received any replies. Is this the type of support one can expect?
**********************************************************************************************************

Make sure you are using the same email that you registered with, when you are going to Vectric for support with.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

ozymax
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Home built cnc router using Masso G3.

Post by ozymax »

ken whiklo wrote:Well I disagree with those that think a machine supplier can support software. My issue at this point is lack of response from Vectric. I have had the trial software loaded since August and I contacted Vectric at that time questioning why they were using Internet explorer to view tutorials from within the software. I never received a reply then either. So for those who have had good response from them great, but I have had none. I contacted them at support@Vectric.com more than once.
Does it make a difference that the address you quoted has a capital "V" in vectric.
Might be why your email questions haven't been answered.
Or was it just a typo error?

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

Caps don't mean a thing on email addresses.

ozymax
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Home built cnc router using Masso G3.

Post by ozymax »

Didn't think so, just thought I'd mention it.

CharlieP
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Saimsmart CNC

Post by CharlieP »

Hello Ken.

I hear you are having some trouble connecting us at Vectric Support.

I can confirm that support@vectric.com is the correct email address to use to contact us.

I'm afraid that we have not received any emails from your email address though, and a search for your name on the support inbox has not come up with any alternatives.
Would you like me to email you directly from the Support Desk and see if that gets through to you more successfully?

ken whiklo
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CWI Professor 2.2

Post by ken whiklo »

Yes please do.

I am Ken Whiklo my email is kwhiklo1@shaw.ca. I used this info to create an account. I often have my last name misspelled.

I have never received a acknowledgement to any of my emails as one poster suggested I should get.

ken whiklo
Vectric Craftsman

Post by ken whiklo »

highpockets wrote:I can understand your frustration, but Vectric is very responsive, my guess is there's a email glitch either on their end or yours.
When you've emailed support@vectric.com did you receive a Support Request reply email stating something like the below? Should have come with in less than an hour of your sending your request for support. If not there is defiantly a email glitch. Have you tried checking your spam filter?

Your request (104401) has been received and will be reviewed by our support staff.

**Please note that our standard business hours are Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00 UTC

To add additional comments, reply to this email.
Thanks for that last bit of info. I never received any acknowledgement.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Might be worth checking that your IP isn't blacklisted. If you're with an ISP that uses dynamic ranges rather than fixed it's easy to pick up an IP that has previously been abused and blocked by blacklist servers. Not sure if Vectric use those lookups on their email servers or not but a lot of businesses do.

CharlieP
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Saimsmart CNC

Post by CharlieP »

ken whiklo wrote:Yes please do.

I am Ken Whiklo my email is kwhiklo1@shaw.ca. I used this info to create an account. I often have my last name misspelled.

I have never received a acknowledgement to any of my emails as one poster suggested I should get.

Hello Ken.

I have just emailed you now with an initial contact.
If you can check your inbox and spam folders for it, and reply to it, we can make sure you are able to email us for support.

ken whiklo
Vectric Craftsman

Post by ken whiklo »

To Charlie P
Received your email and replied as of 12:49 P.M. CST.

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

For anyone who wishes to send emails to us at support,
please note our email address is support@vectric.com

We will not receive emails sent to vectric@support.com
as we do not own the support.com domain.

Cheers,

Mark.

ken whiklo
Vectric Craftsman

Post by ken whiklo »

Mea Culpa
My apologies to the support team at Vectric.
The lack of communication was all my fault. Typed in the wrong email address.
Once again sorry to all.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Ken,

No harm done. We are a user group here and not really a support group. We do the best we can to try and help.

The important thing is that you got through - and the connection with Vectric has been MADE. Now we can all move forward.

Ohhh and by the way -- WELCOME :D
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC