Support

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
ken whiklo
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CWI Professor 2.2

Support

Post by ken whiklo »

I am new to vcarve and had a number of issues installing the software from Vetic's USB stick. I sent a number of emails to their support team. To date I have not received any replies. Is this the type of support one can expect?

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Support

Post by martin54 »

Not sure why you haven't had any reply from Vectric support, from my own experiences & from what I have seen on the forum they are normally very good. The only thing you should experience is a bit of a time delay with them being here in the UK :lol: :lol:

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Like Martin said Vectric support is very responsive, but there are times that a message gets miss placed, but very rare....

If you're trying to install VCarve on you computer why not download the software from your Vectric Portal?

More information on the troubles you're having would be helpful....
John
Maker of Chips

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

To date I have not received any replies
Check your Spam or junk mail folder for your email. Some ISPs or email programs automatically move the messages there.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Did the software come bundled with your CNC machine or did you buy it independantly? If it was bundled have you skoken with the supplier of the CNC as they may be able to help as well, if it was independant then you should have a customer portal account & the software can be downloaded from there as highpockets has said.
What issues are you having? Perhaps it is something the forum members can help with :lol: :lol:

ken whiklo
Vectric Craftsman

Post by ken whiklo »

I bought my software from the people I bought my CNC from.
I have checked junk filters, nothing there.
I figured out how to install it but it took me awhile.
The issue I had was when I installed the software it presented me with the page that you use once you receive the confirmation from Vectric. I did not know that until I uninstalled and then reinstalled. I initially had to install it using my suppliers name. When I went to update it it would not do so since they had no record of my initial installation. When I finally got everything running and went to upgrade instead of overwriting the current version, it installed a a new version. I have been a computer user for about 40 years and have installed at least 100 software packages. This has been one of the flakiest I have ever encountered. I have everything running fine now but this software is not cheap, and like any software, will have issues and I think I deserve and answer to my emails. It has now been four days since I installed and not a word.

Thanks to everyone who responded. That is encouraging.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

If it was supplied by your CNC manufacturer then I would have thought they would be the first port of call for support not Vectric. That was certainly the case when I got my first bundled copy many years ago.

Can't say I agree with the comments about it being flaky software. Vectric's software isn't perfect but I've had far less issues with it than I've had with software from billion dollar businesses with thousands of staff.

ken whiklo
Vectric Craftsman

Post by ken whiklo »

The CNC supplier sells hardware, they have no clue on the software. The software itself seems well designed, the installation I encountered was flaky. This is Vectric's USB stick, it is their software, and they are responsible for the installation instructions, they should also be responsible for problems encountered. The instructions made it seem easy, it was far from that.
All that being said, it now works. My bigger issue however, is the lack of response.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Depends on the deal done with the supplier. I worked in the IT industry with my own company for many years and we would sell our software to 3rd parties to supply at heavily discounted rates as they were the first port of call for support which saved us a fortune in support time.

Anyway I expect someone from Vectric will see this thread on Monday and respond.

Doug98105
Model of CNC Machine: Centroid knee mill with 4th axis

Post by Doug98105 »

I recently bought Vcarve and opted for the $50 (?) extra to get the software on a thumb drive thinking I might need it for backup in the event i didn't have internet.

There's something strange about the supplied thumb drive. I never was able to load the software or clip art from the thumb drive. Somewhere in my tries to load from the thumb drive I got messages saying it was going to take a long time (???). $50 wasted IMHO.

I finally gave up and downloaded over the internet. I've forgotten all the details, but I must have been given a password or such to activate the downloaded demo version. Anyway, downloading over internet worked fine.

As to support, the only thing I've needed was help getting back into this forum. Coming back from Thanksgiving vacation I found I could no longer login after I re-plugged my cable modem (which I unplug when I go away). Took a could days support help to be able to login again.

NormanAlbert
Vectric Wizard

Post by NormanAlbert »

Hi: I for one found the thumb drive install to be a breeze. Also have downloaded updates with no issues. I do have an older computer, Windows 7, Maybe more updated operating systems (Windows 10) have issues being nice with Vectric. Norm

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Ken,

Sounds like there is something missing.

Vectric is a very responsive company when it comes to customer support.

I agree that the responsibility is on the seller and not Vectric. BECAUSE - the seller sold you the software NOT Vectric.

There is an agreement between the the purchaser of Vectric and Vectric.

The software is registered to the original purchaser with a serial number. The original purchaser is registered with their email address. The original purchaser CAN transfer ownership for a fee to a new owner (you). That is the original owners responsibility to do so. I am just a user but I did do that one time. If that is not done then you have an illegal copy. If that is true then is is unlikely that you will not get an email from Vectric as you are not a registered user.

If the machine seller is telling you that they sell machines and not software then to me it sounds like they are doing something that is not on the up and up.

Its something that Vectric should maybe look into with THAT particular machine seller. If they WERE on the up and up, then I think they should be able to help you.

On their web site, at a fast look around, I don't see anything at all talking about Vectric software --- just makes me wonder!

Sorry to hear that this is happening to you, but as a Vectric user for 13 years I can vouch for it being fantastic software.

Did you send an EMAIL to support@vectric.com
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

Steve Misher
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR4

Post by Steve Misher »

I agree on this point!
I have never had an issue with Vectric that wasn't resolved in a day or so.
It really sounds more like Ken should be going back to where he bought the machine and software to get some assistance.
Something just doesn't sound rite about this picture.
If you have a Vectric portal setup, everything should be fine. If not, is it possible that the software they are selling isn't licensed with Vevtric.

ken whiklo
Vectric Craftsman

Post by ken whiklo »

Well I disagree with those that think a machine supplier can support software. My issue at this point is lack of response from Vectric. I have had the trial software loaded since August and I contacted Vectric at that time questioning why they were using Internet explorer to view tutorials from within the software. I never received a reply then either. So for those who have had good response from them great, but I have had none. I contacted them at support@Vectric.com more than once.

ken whiklo
Vectric Craftsman

Post by ken whiklo »

Steve Misher wrote:I agree on this point!
I have never had an issue with Vectric that wasn't resolved in a day or so.
It really sounds more like Ken should be going back to where he bought the machine and software to get some assistance.
Something just doesn't sound rite about this picture.
If you have a Vectric portal setup, everything should be fine. If not, is it possible that the software they are selling isn't licensed with Vevtric.
Vectric has one of the most comprehensive key validation routines I have ever experienced. If the software was not licensed I would not be able to install and update it.