Tree of Life Clip Art

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Mirion
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Buddy

Tree of Life Clip Art

Post by Mirion »

I am looking for a simple "Tree of Life" clip art for a Christmas present project and am striking out. It doesn't seem to be in the Vectric clip art or at "Design and Make". I have downloaded bitmap images and tried to import them into Vcarve Pro (v9.5) but they are very pixelated and do not trace very well, I have looked for free vector files with no luck. Can someone point me to a good source that doesn't cost too much? Thanks, Mike

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Tree of Life Clip Art

Post by martin54 »

When you search are you using the search tools to narrow down what images you see? depends what search engine your using but with google you have various options at the top of the page for what type of image displats. Try selecting line art as this will normally give you the images that trace best. You might also get better results if you search for high rez images.
Plenty of places sell a version of it but it depends what you mean by not to expensive :lol: :lol:

Shutterstock have a bunch but no idea on pricing, I bought one for signmaking years ago but can't remember the cost :lol: :lol:

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

Possibly this one from Nat Franklin ?
(On my one ofs,I usually attribute to him on the piece unless it's too small)
https://www.deviantart.com/nfranklin/ar ... -334598003
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

A trick I've done, but involves having Photoshop, is first I will download an image, which will always be a crappy image. I'll bring the image into Aspire (or Photoshop) and then save it as an ESP file. I will then open into Photoshop and change the resolution to 1200 pixels/inch. I then change it to a Grayscale which discards color information, then I change it to a Bitmap, which fattens the layers, and again set it to 1200 pixels/inch. Then I save it as a BMP file, which now high resolution.

If you bring it back into Aspire, then trace, it will double the vectors, which is great if you're doing an intarsia, but you can delete all the inter vectors if you only want just single lines. I saved and attached it as a dxf file if that works for you. Once you import it, you can change the size.

Gary
Attachments
Tree of Life.dxf
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 237 times
Capture.PNG

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Mirion wrote:I am looking for a simple "Tree of Life" clip art for a Christmas present project and am striking out. It doesn't seem to be in the Vectric clip art or at "Design and Make". I have downloaded bitmap images and tried to import them into Vcarve Pro (v9.5) but they are very pixelated and do not trace very well, I have looked for free vector files with no luck. Can someone point me to a good source that doesn't cost too much? Thanks, Mike
Hi Mike,

I don't know if you want a tree to v-carve or if you want a 3D relief model. I have one that is a 3D model (available in STL format for compatibility with VCarve software). You'll notice the normally "blank areas" are filled in with a very thin layer as a "tool stop"- this is intentional because it will actually yield a superior carve result when designed in this way. That "tool stop" thin layer in the final carve is not noticable, of course. Here is the link to the model if you want to take a look at it:

https://carvebuddy.com/product/tree_of_life_85x8/
Attachments
Tree_of_Life_85x8_iso.png
Tree_of_Life_85x8_front.png
tree-toolpath-preview.png
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Jan.vanderlinden
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Xcarve

Post by Jan.vanderlinden »

If you're interested in this one, Id be happy to send it to you.
Capture.JPG
“I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking of making a few more”

Mirion
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Buddy

Post by Mirion »

Jan.vanderlinden wrote:If you're interested in this one, Id be happy to send it to you.
Capture.JPG
Hi Jan, I would like to try your image of the Tree of Life in my project if you could send it to me. So far I have laid out a version with Gary's tree which looks good and I also purchased the 3D version from Michael but I am still a dabbler in 3D so I will save that one for later as right now I want to get these Christmas presents done. VCarving is what I am doing right now and yours should fit well.

Thanks Michael and Gary and everyone else for the files and guidance...….Mike

Steve Misher
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR4

Post by Steve Misher »

Jan: Is it possible to get that file as well? I would like to make something for my wife for Christmas.

Steve

Jan.vanderlinden
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Xcarve

Post by Jan.vanderlinden »

I've tried several times to post the file for you, but it doesn't work.
I'm very sure that its something that i'm doing wrong, but I just don't know what it is.
I belong to several forums and this is the only one that I have so much trouble with.
Quite frustrating.
“I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking of making a few more”