Version 2.0 Released

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
hbhbbb

Version 2.0 Released

Post by hbhbbb »

VCW Version 2.0 has been released and all customers should have received details on how to get the new version and supporting materials. If you haven't received this information let us know.

Take a look What's New in V2 - http://vectric.com/vcarve-download/What ... atsNew.htm

The Trial version can be downloaded from - http://www.vectric.com/index.php?download

The powerful new functionality in version 2.0 makes VCW a significantly more flexible and creative signmaking and engraving solution.

Click on the images below to see detailed full sized pictures
Attachments
Queens Hotel 2.jpg
Engraved Sign
(151.96 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
Carving 1.jpg
Wooden Carving
(183.03 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
Print-block.jpg
Printing block
(198.23 KiB) Downloaded 351 times

Uncle Hai
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Uncle Hai »

Hi Vectric Team,
You guys are so good to try to release the software more quicker than my expect for publish.
Questions:
1/ On Toolpath tab, what is start depth, flat depth mean and what they are for?
2/ Tool Data base:
When I use fraction (like 3/16" for example) It do not convert to number(0.1875") itself.
(Or 3/16/2" It will automatic convert to 0.0937").
Do you have any fomular or chart sheet handy to use for converting them?
3/ For my basic understanding: Toolpath canculation begins from outside or inside to make a V carve?
4/ Can I create single line which will be carved on it and where I set for the depth?

Uncle Hai

hespj

Post by hespj »

Uncle Hai

Here's a convertor which you could print:

http://www.seoconsultants.com/charts/inches-decimal/

Tony, Brian, V2 looks very capable. Very tempted now.

John

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi John,

Thats a very useful link - thank you.
Tony, Brian, V2 looks very capable. Very tempted now.
We will keep trying to win you over :D.

Uncle Hai,
1/ On Toolpath tab, what is start depth, flat depth mean and what they are for?
The start depth allows you to start any of the toolpaths at a start depth other than zero (the surface of the material).

Why might you want to do that? If you look at the Wilkinson Sword example above, if this was a sign and we wanted to add some v-carved text into the base of the flat area inside the oval we would need to start the v-carving at a depth which matched the base of the pocket. The flat depth is the depth you want to limit the vcarving to. Once the tool reaches the specified depth it machines the area flat as in the Wilkinson Sword example above.

2/ Tool Data base:
John has answered this with an excellent link - see above

3/ For my basic understanding: Toolpath canculation begins from outside or inside to make a V carve?
For v-carving, the tool will cut between the outermost vector and the next inner one. So for a single letter 'O' consisting of 2 vectors in a design the v-carving would occur between the outer vector of the O and the inner island as you would expect leaving a 'female' incised O. If you then drew a box around the outside of the letter 0 so you had 3 vectors, the tool would cut between the outer box and the outer circle of the O and then machine inside the centre circle leaving a 'male' O. If you play about with VCarve Wizard for a few minutes, selecting different vectors and calculating the toolpath you should quickly get the hang of it.

4/ Can I create single line which will be carved on it and where I set for the depth?
Yes - simply select the 2D Machining icon next to the V-Carving icon on the Toolpath Operations tab and choose the On radio button for the Machine Vectors... option. The Cut Depth field on the form specifies the depth the tool will cut at.

Hope this answers your questions

Regards

Brian

Uncle Hai
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Uncle Hai »

Thanks John and Brian,

Brian,
I am happy with your V2 so far but!
When I go to page for purchase the V2 full version software,
one thing which stops me to proceed is the Version 1.1 I will get, isn't is?
Or your page doesn't up date yet.

Regards,
Uncle Hai

BrianM
Vectric Staff

Post by BrianM »

Hi Uncle Hai,

Thank you for pointing that out. You would have received Version 2.0 but I had forgotten to update the text on the page :oops:. I've now updated the page so that it shows that you will receive version 2.0.

Regards

Brian

Uncle Hai
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Uncle Hai »

Thank you Brian and Tony,

I just got New V2 today, playing a little bit before go back to work.
V carve is awsome because it doesn't intent to cut through sign blank, no complain yet.
Trying on Shopbot preview for one of my single test file for 2D machining (end mill)
Run a Second line on my toopath list (after Bevel V carve of first line on the list)
but I see the simulation show very random runing
some run counter clockwise, some run lockwise kind of leave it to GOD who does it for you.
I just wonder how to mill inside the "O" before mill outside the"O" in your V2, any tips?
Maybe I have to start the same project from begining of CAD design software to give an order exactly object
which is to be start first and next before export to V2!?
Or I have to do extra step back to another software as VECTOR for milling after I Bevel the same sign?
Bythe way, I am still using VECTOR cad software, Corel7( kind of most stable version, Corel12 is my latest Version) and FlexiPRO.

Best Regards,
Uncle Hai

BrianM
Vectric Staff

Post by BrianM »

For a profiling toolpath cutting either Inside or Outside, VCarve Wizard will automatically sort the nesting of the vectors so that they are cut in the correct direction with respect to the Climb and Conventional cutting direction option on the 2D Machining form. For profiling outside toolpaths (cut out paths) the software will ensure that the inside is cut before the outside.

If you are using the Profile On option then the tool will simply follow the vector direction. This strategy is intended for machining directly along vectors which may overlap, have loops or even be open, therefore it makes no attempt to sort the direction of the vectors or determine their nesting level.

Hope that helps

Brian

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Just to add to Brian's reply.

To cut out a letter 'O' or 'B' simply select the complete shape(s) and use,

Create 2D Toolpath = Outside
Select the required cutter
Enter the required Depth / Material Thickness

VCW knows that the middle of the 'O's & B's etc' must be cut first and also that the offset for the tool radius is inwards. After profiling around the inside, the toolpath for the outside vector is calculated, and is automatically offset outwards by the tool radius.

This process is fully automatic

Hope this might help with the explanation.

stomper

Post by stomper »

How did you make the little inverted diamond shapes in the carving jpg1 picture?

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Hi Stomper,

The link below will run a short video that shows how a V shaped tool plumges from a corner into the material, then lifts into each corner in turn to form the concave pyramid.

http://www.vectric.com/vectric/images/tmp/pyramid.avi

It may take a couple of seconds to load the video file.

Hope this helps,

Tony Mac
Attachments
pyramid.jpg
Cutting square corner with a round tool!
(55.04 KiB) Downloaded 319 times