Correct toolpaths for X-Carve and VCarve Pro

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Steve625
Model of CNC Machine: X-Carve

Correct toolpaths for X-Carve and VCarve Pro

Post by Steve625 »

Hi - I am still a "newbe" and getting very frustrated. I have successfully assembled my XCarve CNC and tested the jogging and successfully completed the "test carve" using the Easel set-up program. Now - here comes the frustration...I have created a very simple design (a name plate) , created the toolpaths and have saved them. When I try to use the "Transfer"program and load a specific toolpath from the design it successfully recognizes the Serial Port but gets hung-up in the Initialise phase or the "Looking for GBRL" phase and never goes any further either to the Jog and definitely not to the Carve menu. I am using VCarvePro and the Inventables X-Carve CNC. What are the correct parameters as far as the post processor and correct toolpath to use. I have tried the Xcarve (inch) toolpath and several others and nothing seems to work. The Transfer program still gets bogged down in the Initialise and/or Looking for GBRL phase and never goes any further?????????????????????????

ezurick

Re: Correct toolpaths for X-Carve and VCarve Pro

Post by ezurick »

I don't know your machine (I have a Chinese 6040) and I use Vcarve Desktop and wondered about the Transfer program, so I asked support and they told me to stick with Mach 3 for now because that program isn't fully working. It confused me why they would even include it if it isn't working working. I guess some folks are giving it a try. *shrug*

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

It's meant for a certain type of CNC machines (basically the GRBL ones) it isn't needed on a machine that works in the "traditional" sense like your chinese one.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

As Adrian said on your other post you would be better asking this sort of question on a dedicated forum for your machine, there are people on this forum with the same machine who may be able to help so doesn't do any harm to ask here but you will probably get a much better responce from somewhere like the inventibles forum where most people have the same set up :lol: :lol:

EdwardP
Vectric Staff

Post by EdwardP »

Hi Steve,

It is difficult to get to the bottom of this one on the forum, could you drop us as line at support@vectric.com and we can investigate with your help.

Cheers, E

PS For the benefit of other readers of this thread, and as Martin and Adrian point out, VTransfer is a GCode streamer *specifically* provided for Grbl1.1 based controllers - like the the X-Carve X-Controller. It provides an alternative for customers who do not, or cannot, use Easel - which requires an internet connection. It doesn't support other controller types I'm afraid.