Upgrade vs Transfer

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
tjimholte
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro 6+

Upgrade vs Transfer

Post by tjimholte »

Hi all, sorry if this is a repeat as I cant seem to find the post I thought I just posted :(

I have VCarve desktop. I sold my machine and plan to buy a bigger machine that will need VCarve Pro.

Anyway, my question is this. Do I transfer my version of Desktop to the new owner and buy a new version of Pro OR do I upgrade my Desktop to Pro and give the new owner of my machine a credit to purchase his own version of Desktop?

Thoughts?

TJ

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Upgrade vs Transfer

Post by Adrian »

http://support.vectric.com/aspire-quest ... fer-policy

If the license came with the machine then there's no cost difference in reality but it all depends on whether you would discount the machine to the new owner by the full cost of a license or not.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: Upgrade vs Transfer

Post by Rcnewcomb »

upgrade my Desktop to Pro and give the new owner of my machine a credit to purchase his own version
I'd recommend this since it gives the buyer of your old machine more freedom to choose whatever software they wish. If they buy their own copy of Vectric software they still have the option to transfer it.

Additionally...
You cannot transfer a license that you have not directly purchased (i.e. one that has been transferred to you, from a previous licence holder). The original purchaser of the software licence can transfer it once, but subsequent owners cannot.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop