Over Cutting

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
JohnsCNC
Model of CNC Machine: Homemade CNC

Re: Over Cutting

Post by JohnsCNC »

I am thinking it must be the bit. I did a test square. It's a 1.2 inch square sitting in the center of a 1.4 iinch square. There should be a .1 inch gap or cut with the vbit in the material.
I ran the work twice, once calculated for the 60 degree it and then I recalculated it for a 90 degree and ran that. Same over cutting issue with the 60, but the 90 was perfect.

I looked at the g-code for the 60, I shows a z depth of -.0866 inches during the cuts along the lengths of the square. Doing the math at that depth the surface cut should be the exact .1 inches. So the G-coed is good. The 90 satisfies me that Mach3 is ok and the work was done in the same material less that an inch from each other so no variation in surface height.

This bit has a replaceable blade. I am thinking its not in right problem is there are no instfrcitns on how to put it in. there is wiggle room in it, you would think it would have been machined so the blade sits in something to get the right angle.

We will see what amana tools says. Any one know about the installation of these blades let me know but thanks for all the help.
If anyone has this bit and a simple vcarve file and gcode for mach3 that you know works, please upload it for me to try. Thanks again - I'll follow up with any answers.

John

tomgardiner
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: FMT Patriot 4 x8

Re: Over Cutting

Post by tomgardiner »

I pulled out my Amana insert bit (90 deg. RC 1102). There is a dowel to register the set as well as a machined shoulder.
Have a close look at the tip. If it is not a perfect ariss then even though the bit is machined to 60 degrees (which it is almost assured to be)it will not V carve properly.