Will not re-calculate --- WHY???

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Will not re-calculate --- WHY???

Post by Adrian »

Randomly messing about rotating vectors and changing datums I managed to get it lockup once in the latest version of Aspire and once in the previous version of VCarve. I can't replicate it by going through any of the steps posted though. It recalculates in a couple of seconds every time.

There are a couple of errors on the smooth profile vectors but if they were to blame I would have thought it would happen every time.

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Re: Will not re-calculate --- WHY???

Post by sharkcutup »

Hello Everyone,

I have continued to fool around with the Mail Repository files and I have found what may or may not be the culprit causing some of the problem situations that we have incurred.

I used the Vector Validator on all the vectors and found several problem areas contained in the vectors. Overlaps, intersections, etc...

After correcting the vectors I was able to re-orientate all vectors, change material size to correspond, change the datum to center, and re-calculate all vector tool paths.

And Martin --- Yes you file worked fine over here. Again thank you for your time and effort in my problem solving!!!

Great Forum --- Isn't It?

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554