Negative allowance doesn't work

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Negative allowance doesn't work

Post by mtylerfl »

jglazer wrote:My goal was to do a last pass to clean up stray marks from prior profile cuts. Just a little clean up. I am cutting corrian and was trying to eliminate a bit of sanding on the edges.
We all understand that you are wanting to clean up the edges with a final pass, no problem. This is not something new. We're just trying our best to help you actually do that (correctly).

I think you now have all the info you need, but please holler if you still have questions!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

jglazer wrote:My goal was to do a last pass to clean up stray marks from prior profile cuts. Just a little clean up. I am cutting corrian and was trying to eliminate a bit of sanding on the edges.
That's exactly what it does but what you might be missing is the fact that the allowance you set is the distance all the passes bar the last one will cut oversize if my understanding is correct. So say there are 6 passes, the first 5 would be cut with an outward (oversize) allowance & the last pass is one pass full depth at the correct size :lol: :lol:

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

jglazer,

I finally got my Snagit recording software working again today, so I made a 3.5 minute video tutorial for the Last Pass Feature. I didn't get into all the various editing features, etc., but showed its basic (normal) use. Just cutting out a circle with no tabs (but you can add tabs if you wish.) I hope this helps!

Here is the link to the video:

https://www.screencast.com/t/bcK4R9rJ
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC

Mark's Wood Chips
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre 23 with Rotary

Post by Mark's Wood Chips »

mtylerfl wrote:jglazer,

I finally got my Snagit recording software working again today, so I made a 3.5 minute video tutorial for the Last Pass Feature. I didn't get into all the various editing features, etc., but showed its basic (normal) use. Just cutting out a circle with no tabs (but you can add tabs if you wish.) I hope this helps!

Here is the link to the video:

https://www.screencast.com/t/bcK4R9rJ
Videos are so nice for explaining a topic. Thanks for making it!

Mark

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

You’re welcome! This was a quickie and I’ll try to do a better job in the future!

I had two “false starts”...phone rang first one, I coughed on the second one and distorted the sound. Third time, got through, but I probably should have done a fourth one to better explain more clearly!

Cramped for time...leaving for Israel tomorrow afternoon.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC