Vcarve Mach 3 Chinese 6040

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
ezurick

Vcarve Mach 3 Chinese 6040

Post by ezurick »

Folks, I've wrote to Vectric support about this and still waiting for a response, so I thought I'd throw it out here and see if anyone can assist. I am kinda new to the CNC world, but have been researching a long time. I finally purchased a Chinese CNC 5040 from ebay and after setup I purchased CUT2D. I had several successful smaller projects. But I recently upgraded to Vcarve and decided it is time to make a decent waste board. It is about 14 x 20.5 inches. I wish I had a larger end mill, but I surfaced it with a 1/2" end mill. Worked fine. Now I setup in vcarve to drill 1/4" holes and bore them for the screw plugs for hold-downs. I sent the file to Mach 3 and it started drilling the 1/4" holes, but when it got to the right side... it just quit and shut down. I looked at the Mach 3 screen and it stopped on line N5000G2X11. So I re-loaded the toolpath file in Mach 3 and started over. Again, it was drilling the 1/4" holes fine until it got to that same right side hole and just died. Again, I looked at the Mach 3 screen and it stopped at the same line. I am confused and not sure what to do. Attached are the vcarve and mach3 files if anyone can help?
Attachments
My Waste Board.crv
(719.5 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
My Waste Board.txt
(62.66 KiB) Downloaded 128 times

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Vcarve Mach 3 Chinese 6040

Post by martin54 »

Are you running a licenced version of mach3 or the demo version? The demo version has a limit on the number of lines of code it will read or load, not sure now what the limit is though :lol:

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

Mach3 in demo mode only runs 500 lines of code, which is what N5000 would be.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

ger21 wrote:500 lines of code, which is what N5000 would be.
or in this case line 501!

ezurick: have a look at the attached file. I made some changes that might help in the future when setting up jobs. Changes such as: you don't need a pocket to cut the counterbore---you can use a profile path as the "profile center" toolpath removed material that the pocket toolpath would do.

Steven
My Waste Board - shortest path ordering - srh.crv
VCarve ver 9.510
(669.5 KiB) Downloaded 114 times

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

Grrrr! I tried several times to reply. I hit submit but it didn't save.

I am running the Mach 3 version that came with my Chinese machine. The Chinese seller said it was a legal copy and it is unlimited. Guess they told a fib?

Thanks all for your quick help. I just sunk $200 into upgrading Vcarve. Now I have to think about another $200 for Mach 3... :(

wmgeorge
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Workbee 1000x750 Mach 4 PMDX Controller

Post by wmgeorge »

Your seller told you a Fib, there are no unlimited Mach3 licenses and the version you have is more or less a hacked one that is old and buggy. You need to SAVE your XML file someplace, download and install a legal version licensed to you. Then Copy and Paste that XML file over and lets hope it works.

ger21
Vectric Wizard

Post by ger21 »

ezurick wrote: I am running the Mach 3 version that came with my Chinese machine. The Chinese seller said it was a legal copy and it is unlimited.
Almost all Chinese machines that come with Mach3 come with a modified version and a pirated license. A Legitimate license should have your name on it.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

I also have a chinese machine, but it is from a bit more of a reputable seller. I imported it myself, not from EBAY.

It is extremely unlikely that you will get a LEGAL version of Mach3 from them.

It's not all so expensive, just purchase it.

The mach3.XML file has all the settings for your machine - that is important - save that and back it up. Save a copy in a safe place - off the machine.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Leo wrote:I also have a chinese machine, but it is from a bit more of a reputable seller. I imported it myself, not from EBAY.

The mach3.XML file has all the settings for your machine - that is important - save that and back it up. Save a copy in a safe place - off the machine.
Interesting Leo, I would have expected your machine to have come with Legal control software or just the demo version so you could buy your own licence. The difference being that you bought an industrial type machine rather than one of the mass produced Hobby type machines on ebay so I would have thought the seller dealt mainly B2B :lol: :lol:

ger21
Vectric Wizard

Post by ger21 »

As I said, almost ALL chinese Mach3 machines come with a pirated license. The exception would mainly be machines imported by a reseller.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

martin54 wrote:
Leo wrote:I also have a chinese machine, but it is from a bit more of a reputable seller. I imported it myself, not from EBAY.

Interesting Leo, I would have expected your machine to have come with Legal control software or just the demo version so you could buy your own licence. The difference being that you bought an industrial type machine rather than one of the mass produced Hobby type machines on ebay so I would have thought the seller dealt mainly B2B :lol: :lol:
First off - I am VERY happy with my machine. It is SOLID as a rock. Buying a machine from China is VERY different from buying a US made machine from a US based manufacturer. That's not to say the US in the only good place, but I am a US based person. Buying from China is a bit of a mystery, you don't always know for sure what you will be getting. After the machine arrived in my shop there was much that I needed to do to get the machine up and operational. Drilled and tapped holes may not be up to par. For the most part the machine is good, but you get NO instructions of any sort.

After a little fiddling and adjusting everything is running fine.

My machine is PROVEN repeatable in all 3 axis within .0005" That is as tested in my shop, my way with .0005 increment indicators.

All in all I figure I saved at least - conservatively well over $10,000 for the machine I have.
BUT - I had to deal with Chinese workmanship.

I also bought a 100W Laser from the same company, and I also imported another 48x96 router from that same company for a client. I got that one up and running and trained the owner as well. Also a ROCK solid machine, and very happy owner, again saved $10-15K

No matter what, China is a LOT less expensive but you get what you get.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC