useing multi tools on 1 image

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
jgstang
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: iconic 2015

useing multi tools on 1 image

Post by jgstang »

I was wondering if you can load an image on v carve pro and use 2 or 3 different bits, the way i'm doing it etheir the complete image is highlighted or it is not... in other works if I have a border and text in the middle I can't separate them to carve with a different bit ? or i'm just doing it wrong which is more like it! oh, another question... how to do a double outlined text ? thanks

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Re: useing multi tools on 1 image

Post by FixitMike »

You need to watch some of the tutorials on the Vectric site.

If the "image" you are loading consists of vectors, then answer is "yes". If the vectors are grouped, you will need to ungroup them before you can select individual vectors.
If the "image" you are loading is a 3D model, the answer is "no". You need Aspire to modify 3D models as you are describing.

Upload the .crv file you are asking about (if it isn't copyrighted) and someone may be willing to show you how.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "double outlined" text. Myself, I would go looking for a font that looked like what I want. You might find one in Dafont.com
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

jgstang
Vectric Apprentice

Post by jgstang »

thanks for that, really cool fonts! now this will sound stupid but.... Now that I registered and all, now how to use it, do I make a file or add it to a file on my computer or will it go into my pictures editing fonts or add it to v carve pro.. just not sure how get to it ? if you can explain that in dummy terms that would be wonderful!! and thanks for your time..

jgstang
Vectric Apprentice

Post by jgstang »

FixitMike, I noticed you use the shark cnc.. man I almost bought the shark ext bed with the laser but got the 2015 iconic instead, I really like it and learned the title option.. sometimes I think I should got the dang shark with the laser but oh well.. there is so much to learn with this stuff i'm having fun..

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Start a New File, specify your Job Dimensions and desired Resolution settings. After that, make/create your design layout and Toolpaths. Save your file at regular intervals to a destination of your choosing. Just like any other file you create... you choose where to save them.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

To use a dafont:
Click on Download
Click on "Open in Explorer"
Open the font file by double clicking on it.
Click on Install

And it will be in the list of fonts available the next time you want to use one.

I've had my Shark for 7 years and I still haven't used it for all of the things it is capable of. Look at my facebook page to see some of my projects. (At http://www.tinyurl.com/fixitmike )
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Vectric software uses the windows installed fonts so any font you install in the windows font folder will show up in the list of fonts next time you start vcarve :lol: :lol:

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Sorry. I completely misunderstood your question!

Yes, install the font as normal, then it will be available to use.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

jgstang
Vectric Apprentice

Post by jgstang »

Again thanks and I don't mean to sound stupid but... I was using a windows 7 computer and now 10. things are alittle different so when I download a font it gos to my computer, then when I click it.. it says extract file to install.. I don't want to screw this up or do it wrong so when I do this and the window comes up enter file name, is this when I just name a file what I want in the box like a date or whatever..

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Sounds like you've downloaded a zip file. You need to extract that and it should contain a ttf font file. You double click that file to bring up the font preview and install it.