Zero Plane on Imported STL

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Zero Plane on Imported STL

Post by martin54 »

Greg, thank you I will check the documentation again, maybe what I was using has not been updated? Yes, its there so mister stupid (me) missed it :oops: So when I set the Zero Plane in the middle it effectively limited the tool path for the pocket that was suppose to be .500 to .375.

When you set the zero plane in the model during the import part of your project you discarded part of the STL model, only the part of stl above the zero plane was imported & converted to a model the vectric software can work with, it you had checked the toolpath set up screen you would have seen that your model was no longer 3/4 " in depth :lol: :lol: :lol:

wmgeorge
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Workbee 1000x750 Mach 4 PMDX Controller

Post by wmgeorge »

I am sure others have benefited from this discussion, like I said when I did a Search over 600 posts came up dealing with the Zero Plane question. :lol: :lol: :lol:

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

wmgeorge wrote:I am sure others have benefited from this discussion, like I said when I did a Search over 600 posts came up dealing with the Zero Plane question. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I would imagine this forum is no different from any other in that there will be people who just read & never make posts themselves, so yes there will be others who have benefited, not to mention those who will benefit in the future :lol: :lol: