Corel Draw

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
laflippin
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR 8 Pro+

Re: Corel Draw

Post by laflippin »

I would never encourage anyone to violate copyright laws, wmgeorge.

There is a very large amount of free artwork available in the public domain and, again--we apparently disagree about this--a great deal of the freely available artwork is very high quality. But, as has been implied, since this body of artwork was not specifically created with eventual vectorization in mind a lot of it needs to be cleaned up a little (or a lot, in some cases). Also as several people have now pointed out, there are some very powerful tools available to allow interested users to clean-up and/or modify a great deal of the available artwork to make it "Vectric ready" for creation of very nice inlay projects.

Please don't be concerned that I am trying to convince people to do something against their will, wmgeorge--I prefer to talk out the issues of interest in this thread and let folks decide for themselves what they may (or may not) want to do. The OP's question about using Corel to clean artwork for vectorization was answered pretty well by the video that another poster linked, I think. Now we just seem to be grinding water about whether or not it is worthwhile to do that sort of thing--I think it is, and you don't, so there we are...at a kind of logical stand-off.

Can we agree to disagree about this? :|