Rotation function in 9.5

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
vgibson
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger

Rotation function in 9.5

Post by vgibson »

Screen shot of polygon rotation.
Screen shot of polygon rotation.
When using Vectric Pro v9.5 to Transform Objects, Rotation function, to rotate a four-sided polygon, the angles are changed. After rotating 120 degrees the obtuse angle is now 90 degrees. Yet the dimensions don’t change. Something is wrong here. But no matter where I pivot from, once I go beyond 90 degrees of rotation, I lose that angle. Is it me or is this a software issue??? I think I uploaded a screen shot, but cant be sure.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Rotation function in 9.5

Post by adze_cnc »

You've lost me here. On the right side of the image why are you measuring your dimension leader-line (the one that reads 16.4939)? Your 4-sided angular polygon looks just fine to me.

How about colouring the polygon (in the before and after rotations) a different colour to the dimension and leader-lines to make what you're "seeing" easier to see?

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510,24x48 GCnC/WinCNC

Post by dealguy11 »

The only obtuse angle in the drawing is the one between the 30 unit line and the small unmeasured line. It doesn't appear to change upon rotation. The angle on top appears to be 90 degrees to start.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

vgibson

Post by vgibson »

Sorry this is hard explain. The top left vectors show the polygon before rotation. Note the short side of it is 3 inches long and forms an angle greater than 90 degrees with the longest side.

The polygon is again shown in the right hand picture after being rotated 120 degrees. Now the short 3 inch side is at the top. Notice that it no longer forms an angle of greater than 90 degrees with the longest side. It appears to be now a 90 degree angle. When I run the toolpath visual it has changed to a 90 degree angle. The angle between the short 3 inch side and the longest side is what is changing. Hope this is more clear...

vgibson

Post by vgibson »

My apologies. I've been at this too long. You are all correct - I am just looking at it wrong. The short side is indeed parallel to the opposite side and had NOT changed. Sorry. Thanks for your comments. Cheers.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

....and the longest side is still the hypotenuse (if this were a triangle) and not the vertical.