Gadget questions

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Stari
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XXL

Gadget questions

Post by Stari »

Disclaimer: I know I can go buy a chamfer bit and do this but just wondering.

I am currently playing with the chamfer gadget (which still works) but the chamfer radius, which I could choose to run the chamfer pass on the inside or outside of the vector, does not work anywhere.

My question is, is there another place that I can find gadgets for vcarve ? As the gadget forum here seems to be dated for the most part and only gets updates on people asking if a gadget works or if its updated.

If not, does anyone know a fix for the chamfer radius gadget?

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Gadget questions

Post by adze_cnc »

I had to search for "chamfer radius gadget" I couldn't understand how a chamfer would ever have a radius---just an angle and depth of cut.

Turns out that my confusion was caused by whoever wrote that gadget using the non-standard term "chamfer radius" rather than the quite acceptable "round" as in "fillets and rounds" that we learned about back in the BA age (before AutoCAD).

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

From what I have read on the forum the Gadgets are often updated for newer versions of the software, have you installed the latest version of the gadget?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The main place to get gadgets is the Vectric site itself at http://gadgets.vectric.com

The ones I have written are on there and updated by Vectric for the new versions.

Some people have them on their own website like Paul at http://paulrowntree.weebly.com/gadgets.html

Stari
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XXL

Post by Stari »

Thanks for the answers. Yea i use the ones that are updated. But the chamfer one I use won't cut it the correct direction on the inside of a circle. Maybe I haven't set it up right.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Stari wrote:Thanks for the answers. Yea i use the ones that are updated. But the chamfer one I use won't cut it the correct direction on the inside of a circle. Maybe I haven't set it up right.
Unfortunately that's one of the drawbacks of using 3rd party tools. If the author doesn't support them you're stuck unless you know how to code yourself.