Removing tool markings on sign

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Removing tool markings on sign

Post by mtylerfl »

Might be easiest to apply sign smalts to hide the bad tooling marks. Here is a link to a site that sells the material and has instructions how to use it:

https://www.letterheadsignsupply.com/how-to-smalt-signs
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

tankerzuke
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4

Post by tankerzuke »

I am on my phone so this is going to be to the point is that of having plenty time to type. Thank you for all of your suggestions and answers, I will try to Explain some of the things that have been addressed.

This was something I designed for a benefit

I do have the tools for this job, but I am still relatively new to CNC work and the software. When I tried to run different tool paths the ball nose was the only one to get into everything. I used a vcarve because that's what I thought I was supposed to use (goes back to that noob thing)

I have a white side CNC starter set but the only EM that came In it is a 1/4" up spiral. I have 2 cases of router bits and some small diameter ball nose for 3D. I also have some EM that are 1/8" shaft that my father had

Good idea on the reson but i already scrapped it and am setting up a new one

I will try the pocket suggestion but would appreciate clarification on what speed is suggested and some one suggested a clean up bit but do you just run the whole thing again but with that bit? Do you use the previous flat depth as the starting depth for the clean up tool path and go down say a 1/32?

Thanks to all for the help

Mikehell
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: eBay special China 3040

Post by Mikehell »

tankerzuke wrote:I am on my phone so this is going to be to the point is that of having plenty time to type. Thank you for all of your suggestions and answers, I will try to Explain some of the things that have been addressed.

This was something I designed for a benefit

I do have the tools for this job, but I am still relatively new to CNC work and the software. When I tried to run different tool paths the ball nose was the only one to get into everything. I used a vcarve because that's what I thought I was supposed to use (goes back to that noob thing)

I have a white side CNC starter set but the only EM that came In it is a 1/4" up spiral. I have 2 cases of router bits and some small diameter ball nose for 3D. I also have some EM that are 1/8" shaft that my father had

Good idea on the reson but i already scrapped it and am setting up a new one

I will try the pocket suggestion but would appreciate clarification on what speed is suggested and some one suggested a clean up bit but do you just run the whole thing again but with that bit? Do you use the previous flat depth as the starting depth for the clean up tool path and go down say a 1/32?

Thanks to all for the help
With something like this I usally use a 1/4" end Mills to clear out and then a 1/8" or smaller to clean up the edges. 1/8 bits are cheap on eBay. I get 'em by the 10 pack (about $35 I think). Drillman1 is the seller. Kyocera is the brand I like.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Lots of very good tutorials for the software so it would be a good idea for you to start working your way through them, rather than just watch take the time to download the tutorial files & work along with the tutorial. There are a lot of different toolpath strategies so it is a good idea to understand how they work & what might be a good option for each job you do.
Before you cut this again then it might be a good idea to work through the pocket & profile toolpath tutorials

http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V9 ... ideo_id=35

http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V9 ... ideo_id=34