Pro version Toolpath templates

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
zeighty
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL

Pro version Toolpath templates

Post by zeighty »

Hi Experts,
I am trying to figure out how toolpath templates in the pro version of VCarve help with workflow.
I have Desktop version and I cannot seem to find specifically how the templates work or why and how they are used.

I am making signs and if templates could speed up the process I will buy the upgrade today.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Pro version Toolpath templates

Post by mtylerfl »

zeighty wrote:Hi Experts,
I am trying to figure out how toolpath templates in the pro version of VCarve help with workflow.
I have Desktop version and I cannot seem to find specifically how the templates work or why and how they are used.

I am making signs and if templates could speed up the process I will buy the upgrade today.

Thanks in advanced for your help.
Hi,

Here are a couple tutorial videos that demonstrate/teach the use of toolpath templates very well:

Toolpath Template demo for Stacked Text Sign Projects:
http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... cks_3.html

Toolpath Template demo for Cabinet part Projects:
http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V9 ... =templates
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

zeighty

Post by zeighty »

Thanks for the quick reply. I do not know why I cannot seem to find the correct videos. I think I just need to take time to watch them all. I have watched a large number, but obviously not enough.

Now, is there a video that shows that once I have a sign design how to best use it for production? For example:

Welcome to John's Workshop...
Feel free to watch, or pay to give or get advice.

I want to produce this sign over and over with different names. If I have to tweak the text and convert it to curves, a simple edit of the name does not work. I would love to find 2 "go to" fonts to use for v-carving, one regular printed type text and one script (cursive). The script fonts that I have tried have to be welded and then you have to use node edit to fix the "issues" welding has caused.

I am thinking that someone has a workflow that is quite simply:
Standard dimension piece of wood.
Standard v-carve bit for the design.
A file that is set up for quick edit. Change the name and calculate the toolpath, save it and go carve it.

Thanks again for all the great advice.

Thanks again.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Yeah. That first video is ideal for learning how to do that (production). You’ll understand after watching it.

Pretty much all script fonts have to be welded/edited. Just “the way it is”.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

zeighty

Post by zeighty »

Thank you so much. That first video is exactly the one I needed to watch and probably watch again.
I do wish the template feature was in Desktop. Time to upgrade.

Again, thank you for your patience and help. I believe I should have found some of the stuff I have asked in the forums on my own.

Lesa Duncan
Model of CNC Machine: AR8 PRO

Post by Lesa Duncan »

mtylerfl wrote:Yeah. That first video is ideal for learning how to do that (production). You’ll understand after watching it.

Pretty much all script fonts have to be welded/edited. Just “the way it is”.
I am working on this sign at home and the second layer with the engraving bit is taking days however I am using a pointed bit would that make a difference? Michael do you have a bit you could recommend for this step? Also every time I start it I have to start at the beginning because I cant figure out the restart stuff? Any advice on that when it asks if I want to save I always say yes.