VCarve Pro & Desktop v9.5 are here!

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
EdwardP
Vectric Staff

VCarve Pro & Desktop v9.5 are here!

Post by EdwardP »

We are delighted to announce the releases of VCarve Pro & Desktop v9.5 - a FREE update for all v9 customers. As of today, everyone running VCarve v9 on a computer with internet access will see an update notification in the top right-hand corner of its main window. Simply click on the notification link, log in to your V&Co account and download the full installer for the latest v9.5 features.

If you run VCarve on a computer without internet access, you can still access your account and download the installer from any other internet enabled computer by visiting the V&Co site directly using your web browser

https://portal.vectric.com/

Videos demonstrating the new features can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... e3zI-eVKzv

The highlights of this release are:
  • Rotary Axis Job Support - Create rotary projects and visualize your job in a wrapped environment, with the ability to create and simulate the toolpaths in an auto-wrapped simulation.

Picture Editor - Change the contrast, brightness and gamma of your imported bitmaps. Make them black and white, apply borders and crop them to fit your design.

In-place text editing and transformations - See live feedback of the text that you create and edit. Text maintains formatting, allowing you to easily make edits after the text has been created without losing transforms, spacing or kerning.

3D Helical Arcs in Ramping – Makes for smoother cuts and smaller file sizes for machines that support this option.

Online Clipart Access - See the clipart you are entitled to and download the pieces you want, when you want them, directly from within your software.
Please note: v9.5 is a complete installation that will install alongside and independently of your existing v9 software. Once you've installed v9.5, v9 will still be available so make sure you are running the latest version by checking the text in the main window title bar (top-left). As soon as you are happy with your update, you can go ahead and uninstall v9.

Forgotten your V&Co password?
Just follow the link under password entry box on the V&Co login page to reset it.

Forgotten your V&Co username?
This is usually the email address you registered with us when you first purchased VCarve. If you're still not sure, follow the link to email support and we can help you get back up and running.

TequilaTony
Model of CNC Machine: CNCRouterParts PRO4896

Re: VCarve Pro & Desktop v9.5 are here!

Post by TequilaTony »

Having a few issues with 9.5.

We carve lots of signs. Several of our templates are not evaluating the same as they did in 9.0 which is causing a fare amount of re-work. Although I love the new text which keep the transformations, kerning seems a little different and I almost want a forget transform button vs. having to re-create the text object entirely when I need to make a change where the transform does not agree.

Tony - Artis Designs

tankerzuke
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4

Post by tankerzuke »

I installed 9.5 and now all the tutorials I was able to access offline in 9.0 are unavailable in both 9.0 and 9.5 files without an internet connection. How do I fix this?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The tutorial files and videos themselves are always online unless you explicitly download them as far as I'm aware. If you downloaded them in 9 then they should still be there in your Vectric Files folder.

jburklow
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot 96X48 PRSstandard

Post by jburklow »

Greetings, will the ShopBot edition be upgraded to 9.5 soon?

thanks!
Jeff Burklow

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

Jeff,
I just talked to Shopbot Sales this morning, and was told that swapping Shopbot owners over to the Vectric Portal(like regular folk) was in the works, and we should be receiving an e-mail from Shopbot shortly.
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

jburklow
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot 96X48 PRSstandard

Post by jburklow »

any news on a time frame as to when this might be happening? would be nice to get the upgrade and finally be able to access V&CO !

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

It's done :D
The link is on the Shopbot Forum;
http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showth ... -available
Mine went without a hitch:)
scott

Jonkat
Model of CNC Machine: C beam

Post by Jonkat »

Does anyone know if I can get 2 rail sweep on Vectric Desktop and if yes how do I do it ?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Jonkat wrote:Does anyone know if I can get 2 rail sweep on Vectric Desktop and if yes how do I do it ?
VCarve (either version) does not support the 2 rail sweep. It's an Aspire only feature.

The moulding toolpath can do some similar things which is available but it all depends what you're trying to achieve.