Which post processor for my CNC machine?

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
ShieldIt
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna SmartShop Maker

Which post processor for my CNC machine?

Post by ShieldIt »

Hi, I am new to using VCarve Pro this week. We just set up our new CNC Machine which is a Laguna SmartShop M(Maker).
I am working in English units (inches). When saving my Toolpaths, I don't know which Post Processor to select because my exact CNC machine does not appear in the list of VCarve Pro save toolpath options. There are 10 Laguna options - with 3 different file extentions: .NC, .mmg & .prj.
I tried one of the .NC files and started the machine, let it cart part of the path. XY was in the right location, but Z may be off and I'm not sure why - maybe the file type. Looking for recommendations or explanation of those different file extensions.

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Re: Which post processor for my CNC machine?

Post by Savannahdan »

The manual for your machine says it's compatible with this post processor - Laguna IQ ATC(mm). I reviewed the manual on the product page on their site so you may want to check it out and see if it the same as your machine.

ShieldIt

Post by ShieldIt »

Thanks

ShieldIt

Post by ShieldIt »

I selected Laguna IQ HHC (mm) (*.mmg) which worked well for cutting my spoil board with the flycutter tool, but I tried the same post processor to save my toolpaths for what I'm trying to cut and I get this Error:
"The toolpaths use different tools and the selected PostProcessor does not support toolchanging".

I need toolchanging because I'm using 2-3 tools for each job I'm setting up.

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Post by dwilli9013 »

Does your machine have an automatic tool changer? If not then you can still change tools mid run manually with the post you are currently running.

If you do have an auto tool changer then you would need a post that provides that functionality. Generally these posts will have the .atc noted in their titles. :lol: :lol: :lol:
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

DogNsuds
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Smartshop M

Post by DogNsuds »

If you ever need any help, feel free to contact me. I have the same machine as you have. I live in Alberta Canada.

Cheers

Pat

SKIF16
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick 3x5

Post by SKIF16 »

I run an IQ PRO ATC. The post is Laguna IQ ATC (mm). Laguna e-mailed the post to me when I purchased the machine. It works in metric or inches depending on what you designate on the setup in Aspire (or VCarve Pro). I assume they can e-mail you the post for the Smartshop M. Both machines (IQ and Smartshop M) use the same controller. I will need a new Post when I instal my rotary axis as it comes with a different controller that supports the rotary axis.

redwood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro6

Post by redwood »

Are you trying to save all toolpaths in one file? On my machine, I have to save each different tool in it's own file.
Mark
Pioneer, CA