HELP New to CNC and VCarve 9

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Nazarene
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD

HELP New to CNC and VCarve 9

Post by Nazarene »

I am trying to design a plaque for my first project and I want the corners to be 1.5 inch circular inverted corners and then the edge of the outside to angled. I have played with VCarve but can't seem to find how to do these two operations. I hope to be able to help others on my jouirney once I know what I'm doing.

Thanks

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: HELP New to CNC and VCarve 9

Post by mtylerfl »

Use the Rectangle Drawing tool option to specify your inverted (internal) corners. (see screenshot showing corner types you can select from)

Not exactly sure what you mean for "outside to angled", but I'll make a guess you just want a chamfered (angled) edge cut around the perimeter. If so, you can use a V-Bit profiled along, or offset from, a perimeter vector. Either create an offset vector from your perimeter cutout vector or just offset the bit when creating the profile toolpath - of course the amount of the offset will depend upon the bit angle and the depth of cut needed for how much of a chamfer you want. There is another way to do it with Pocket v-carving, but the Profile method should do nicely. Your choice.
Attachments
rectangle-drawing-screen.png
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC