Stuck

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
rmort2112
Model of CNC Machine: Shark hd3

Stuck

Post by rmort2112 »

I am still new to this. I have been just using a board and cutting projects out and I hope that I get the top right after the cut out and then finishing stuff. But, what about if I have already cut the part out how do I make it so its only the part and no board in the v carve desktop just the part. If i dont get that set right what ever I do will be wrong in the cut file. The part has curves on the outside edge of it. and to give you an example of what I am working on I have a shape of Idaho cut out and I have lettering on the face of it but some of it is messed up. So how do I put that part down on the table and run the lettering again with the part cut out. if I dont have the shape only the lettering is going to be off.
Thanks Rod

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Re: Stuck

Post by IslaWW »

Trace the shape onto the spoilboard with a vbit, locate the part there and hold it down
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

rmort2112
Model of CNC Machine: Shark hd3

Post by rmort2112 »

Perfect as a matter of fact its already traced when I cut it out i went down like I think 1/64th beyond the cut space so I can do this real easy thanks for the tip. Your saving my bacon thanks again

dhellew2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan 72 and AVID CNC Rotary

Post by dhellew2 »

Unrelated but reminded me to post a helpful hint.
I save the 3mm Baltic birch plywood used cutout sheets from my laser then use them under the part to prevent cutting into the spoil-board/bed.
Dale
You will get old if you live long enough!
Young = time, no money
Old = money, no time
Dale