controller for Mach 3

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Craig
Model of CNC Machine: industrial cnc

controller for Mach 3

Post by Craig »

Anyone have any thoughts on the UC-100 usb controller for mach 3 or the SSENC-2 Ethernet SmoothStepper System? I have already had two UC-100 in the last couple of weeks and my computer doesn't recognize the device. My router lost communication right in the middle of a job. Hate to keep throwing dollars at something if it is going to continue to fail. Need to replace this device or with something else. Thanks for any advice

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: controller for Mach 3

Post by highpockets »

I've had the UC-100 on my machine for 3 years and it's worked fine. Do you have the Mach3 plugin installed for UC-100?

You can also use the Mach3 run from here option to restart a job that has been interrupted. I have a trigger on my system that watches for a power glitch, if one is detected it triggers an estop. So I've had times where I've had to use the run from here option. Works very well.
John
Maker of Chips

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

John
Maker of Chips

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

On top of Johns Advice CNCDrive also have there own forum so worth asking this type of question on there as well as there will be more UC100 users, I have a UC400 ETH & have never had any problems since switching to that type of motion control although i don't use mach3 anymore :lol:

http://cncdrive.com/forum/index.php

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

All of CNC Drive's motion controllers are very good. I'd recommend an ethernet UC400ETH or UC300ETH over the UC100, for better noise immunity, and more capabilities.
I'd also recommend spending $60 for a UCCNC license and switching to UCCNC from Mach3, as it's much more stable, and actively being developed, vs Mach3, which was basically abandoned 5 years ago.

A UC400ETH and UCCNC license is about the same cost as an ESS.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

Craig
Model of CNC Machine: industrial cnc

Post by Craig »

Thanks for this help. sorry for the delay in response. I bought a soigenesis ethernet device. running ok. not impressed with mach 3 even being new to cnc work. still searching for the right questions to post. I still have problems that I am hoping this forum can help with.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Sure one of the board experts like Gary or ger21 will comment on this, mach3 has had no development work done on it for a long time now & although there are still lots of people using it there are also many who have now switched to a control system which is more up to date :lol: :lol:
If you need help with mach3 then the best place to ask questions about it is the mach support forum :lol:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php