3d Clipart Not Working

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
javelin
Model of CNC Machine: FLA Series

3d Clipart Not Working

Post by javelin »

When I say that the 3d clipart is not working, I mean it will not double click nor will it drag and drop into the project. It will not add to the job in any way.

I can add 2d vectors with no issues at all. Yet any 3d clipart is treated as if it does not exist. Anyone have any idea what is going on or how to solve this issue?

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Re: 3d Clipart Not Working

Post by Bob Reda »

I believe you may need to import the model. Not sure, but it would depend on the type of file

Bob

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Do you mean the models that are supplied with the software or other models in formats such as STL, OJB ?? :lol: :lol:

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

To recast your sentences without the occurrences of "it". 3d clipart can't actively double-click or drag-and-drop nor add themselves to anything.:
javelin wrote:When I say that the 3d clipart is not working, I mean 3d clipart will not double click nor will 3d clipart drag and drop into the project. 3d clipart will not add to the job in any way.
You need some rewrites to give us more information. Some prepositions would help: where are things being dragged and dropped from? Where are they being double-clicked on?

How about a screenshot? Microsoft "Snipping Tool" is good for that: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/hel ... creenshots Snipping Tool seems to be installed by default from Windows 7 onward.

foreverdreams6696
Model of CNC Machine: home built 4' x 8'

Post by foreverdreams6696 »

Having the same problem no folder at the bottom of the page it says design and make and when you click on it, it sends you to the website. Just downloaded it a month or so ago and this is the first time I've had time to use it. Any solutions.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

After you download each set of clip art you need to run the file to install it.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Post by Bob Reda »

Once you have the model on screen you have to export it as clipart to a folder on your system, like the Design and make folder on your computer. It doesn't automatically download into that folder.

Bob

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Have you downloaded the clipart ? It doesn't install with the main program, all the different category folders will be in your portal the same as the main program.
As Randall has said once you have downloaded it you need to install it same way you would install any other software. Once installed you should be able to view it in the main program & use it. The Design & make folder will be empty until you either buy some models from them of download some of the free projects they supply. You should be able to see the free projects you can download if you log in to your portal account :lol: :lol: