First Attempt, First Epic Fail!

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro

First Attempt, First Epic Fail!

Postby AzDusty » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:02 pm

Hello, I finally (thought) I had my shop sign ready to go. I put the work surface dimensions in 16x10x.75. Fired up the brand new Piranha FX and let it work. I checked on it and all I saw was about 1/2 of the board thickness being ground away and nothing from the sign being cut. I know it is near impossible for you to help troubleshoot this without the files but I will upload them when I get home from work tonight. I got a feeling it is in the cut setup that I messed up on but who knows.

Thanks in advance,
This is gonna be fun! Hold my beer!
AzDusty

Location: Sierra Vista, Az (just a stones throw away from Tombstone)
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha FX with Laser

Re: First Attempt, First Epic Fail!

Postby ger21 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:33 pm

Pictures are also helpful...
Gerry
ger21
Vectric Wizard

Postby MarkJohnston » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:40 pm

I know it can be frustrating when your new but also when you've been doing it a long time and things don't go as planed.

Be patient and by all means post pictures and files or portions of files for us to look at as long as they don't contain copyright info.

The main thing to look at is how the files are displayed on the preview screen. I have never seen a problem with that unless there is a hardware problem or a setup problem.

Mark
MarkJohnston
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster MC4848

Postby Xxray » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:37 am

Seems to me the most likely scenario is either you set the Z wrong, or the machine was set to cut too deep.

Mechanical issues are not rare but usually are not the culprit, these machines follow orders to the letter, and operator error is most often at fault.
Doug
Xxray
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Return to VCarve - General