Needed Post Processor help

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Papashape
Model of CNC Machine: CNCest

Needed Post Processor help

Post by Papashape »

I have a Chinese CNC Router, it's brand name is CNCEST. Its a 60/40 CNC bought off of eBay. I am running Mach3 as machine control. My first project was a 5 in circle with text in the middle. Im using the Mach3 2/3 inches post processor. My machine is set to inches. Every time I run this gcode it is about half an inch in size when the machine cuts it. I have cut on this machine before using a downloaded gcode. The machine cut that just fine. I have already tried the motor tuning and that didn't seem to make a difference. Any help would be appreciated.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Needed Post Processor help

Post by Adrian »

Are you 100% sure you're using an inches post processor and Mach3 is set to inches as well?

If you're cutting other files without problem then it's not going to be a motor tuning problem.

You could edit the g-code and look at the values to be sure or attach it here if you're not confident reading it.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

As Adrian has said are you 100% sure your machine is set up in mach3 to use imperial measurements ? It doesn't matter what units you use to design your project but the post processor you select must match the control software for your machine.
Plenty of people on the forum using mach3, some have metric set ups others have imperial set ups, some use the ATC option others don't :lol: :lol:

All the mach3 post processors supplied with the software work OK, generally when people say their machine is cutting everything very small or everything is huge it is because they have selected the wrong post processor for the control software set up :lol: :lol:

tomgardiner
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: FMT Patriot 4 x8

Post by tomgardiner »

Did you draw it in inches? Material setup sheet select inches.