3D Cutout

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Re: 3D Cutout

Post by sharkcutup »

I am having the same dilemma --- I don't use a pendant. I have hot keys set to return to xy zero for start of program fle.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

We are both using V-Carve but are using two different beasts for machining which makes it difficult to understand your process versus mine. I use a computer setup with keyboard using various hotkeys for the movement of the machine gantry.

About the only time I use the Virtual Zero is if I am carving a lot of 3D models. I use the touch plate mainly for z-zero touch off.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

GervRich
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD 4 extended

Post by GervRich »

Sharkcutup,

So what i did and seemed to work on the trash piece is once i switched to the BN i then went ahead and captured new points using the plate and virtual zero. If did not plunge to the bottom and i could see it actually starting to shape the eagle.

in your opinion for the pocket the feed rate is 60 and the plunge rate is 20... For the finish pass I have it set to 50/20. I am cutting this on pine and was wondering if i could speed it up without hurting the bit or sacrificing the quality of the cut.

I am trying to learn what is the best speed/time ratio to maximize the production. Meaning i don't want to waste an hour if i can speed it up and move onto something else.

wood i am using currently is pine, oak, maple, and poplar.

Ill keep you posted on the outcome. Thanks again