trouble with tiles

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
jimalee
Model of CNC Machine: Bobs E3 cnc

trouble with tiles

Post by jimalee »

i am having trouble cutting this profile, i used the tiling function and it seemed to work but when cutting out tile 2 universal gcode sender throws up an alarm. tells me to soft reset and unlock. when i soft reset it shows another error and locks up the program. i don't know what to do. just hoping someone can advise on what to try. i have included the files i am working on. thank you
Attachments
shelf.crv
(154 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

stanv77
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy 3x5 cnc

Re: trouble with tiles

Post by stanv77 »

What size machine have you got. You will have to feed your 36 inch through the machine.
On my machine I can only feed a long board through on the Y axis (not the X) which is
the way you have designed your project. I would have to rotate 90 degrees to get it work
on my machine. I hope this makes some kind of since.

jimalee

Post by jimalee »

yes I am feeding thru the x . when it gets to the top of board it stops there is still plenty of room left on the machine it tells me target exceeds machine travel.

jimalee

Post by jimalee »

I have a feeling it may be in the universal g code sender program. is there another program I could try ?

cbr_speedster

Post by cbr_speedster »

I can rotate everything 90 since my Y is 36" and it works fine. You didn't say what machine you had.. If this were my project I would cut the board to width and maybe even the ends on the table saw and just cut the angled notches on the CNC. Have less wear on the 1/4" bit, less mess, and faster cut. Just my opinion..
Attachments
Capture.JPG