Correct Post Processor for Laguna IQ

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
j_unfred
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Correct Post Processor for Laguna IQ

Post by j_unfred »

I just got my Laguna IQ and am trying to cut some designs I made in Vcarve Pro 9.0. Every time I cut, it shifts the beginning of the design about 1 1/2"- 2" on the X axis and the final design is larger than what I designed in Vcarve. The cut is consistently large, it basically looks like someone blew it up by about 110%. Is this a post processor/G code issue? I've tried the PP for my machine that comes with Vcarve as well as downloading the one from Laguna (they appear to be identical). This is VERY frustrating. My designs turn out great, just not where I want them or the right size.

cbr_speedster

Re: Correct Post Processor for Laguna IQ

Post by cbr_speedster »

It's not the post,,, In your job setup under XY Datum Position be sure Use Offset is not checked and below that Scale design is not checked.

John Kimbro

Post by John Kimbro »

I am having the same issue, the finished part is about 5-10% larger than what I created in VCarve Pro. Even the depth of cut is deeper.
Suggestion above did not resolve the issue.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Shame the original poster didn't come back and say how they resolved the issue. It has to be an issue with the Laguna setup itself as otherwise the forum would be full of people having the same issue.

Probably the best thing to do is to get in touch directly with Laguna as they will most likely have come across the issue before. The only thing I could find with a quick google search was a couple of people having similar issues on older laguna machines and the pulse setting in the control software was wrong.

John Kimbro

Post by John Kimbro »

Found a resolution to the problem. From the handheld unit on the iq I erased the system file and reinstalled it from the flash drive that came with the machine.