Cutting air NOT

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Hitch
Vectric Apprentice

Cutting air NOT

Post by Hitch »

About 6 hours into an 8 hour carving, the router quit. I've replaced the bushes and bearings and now it's time to finish. So, I don't want to start at the beginning, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The wood has not moved and I know where the starting point is.

Something totally unrelated - how do I change my password. Also, if you have trouble with logging into websites outside your country try using a VPN. Works for me.

Ron

Mobius
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CRP Pro 4848 Custom Build

Re: Cutting air NOT

Post by Mobius »

What control software are you running? With Mach3, you can start the job at any point in the G-code.
Connor Bredin
Distinctive Dimensional Concepts Ltd.
www.distinctive-concepts.ca

AlanAndrews
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: ELU860

Post by AlanAndrews »

I'm now running a DDCSV1.1 controller on my ELU860.

The controller is paired up with Closed Loop motors. So I do not miss steps and the controller will always start from the last step if power is cut.

I can also pause/restart from any line number.

This is a huge gain to the standard ELU860 control equipment.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

As Mobius has asked, what control software are you using, most of the control software I have looked at has a way to start machining at any given line of gcode, setting up to do that will vary depending on what control software you are using & how your router power on/off is controlled :lol: :lol:

Hitch
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Hitch »

I have a Shark Pro CNC with their control software. The router is plugged into the control box.

cbr_speedster

Post by cbr_speedster »

I would get a general idea of where it was and manually edit the code... You can see where it picks up and starts and what Z level your at. Delete about half and see where it goes..