finger joint gadget

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
cusoak
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3D XXL

finger joint gadget

Post by cusoak »

I just watched a video on you tube that showed a finger joint gadget in vcarve Pro, this was from april 2017.
It that stile available.
If so where can I find it.
Jeff

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: finger joint gadget

Post by Adrian »

It could be the Box Maker gadget - http://gadgets.vectric.com/V9/box_creator.html

If not could you post a link to the video as there are a few people who have gadgets that aren't published on the main site.

cusoak
Vectric Wizard

Post by cusoak »

Here is the youtube link that I saw the finger joints video.
Jeff

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

According to the comments on the video it was developed by the guy who posted the video but the files are no longer available from the website he had them on as it's been taken down. He says you would need to contact him directly to get the files.

Is your machine capable of holding boards vertically rather than horizontally though? With that type of gadget (there are a few others about) you need to be able to hold the boards vertically at the end of the machine rather than laying flat on the table.

cusoak
Vectric Wizard

Post by cusoak »

My Shapeoko will extend past the front rail enough that with a jig to hold the wood it could cut the finger joints.
It should be easy to do the design for the finger joints and set the tool paths and then just jog the machine to the front and set the xyz. and run it.
The challenge would be to design the program so to be able to resize the project and number of pins
Jeff