Brand New nebie needs help

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
charlieV

Brand New nebie needs help

Post by charlieV »

Hi
I created 100 wooden wine glass holders that slip over a wine bottle. I finally figured it out and am inscribing it using a laser (Shark HD4 v carve desktop). I intend to laser a number, 1 thru 100 on the back. I was wondering if there is a way to program the file so that all I have to do is remove the piece and put the next one in.

charlieV

Re: Brand New nebie needs help

Post by charlieV »

These are for my daughters wedding next month, I'll think about what I promise from now on. I tried to show a pic but can't figure out how to get one on here.

Barry Anderson
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark

Post by Barry Anderson »

Are you asking about the CNC or the Laser? If the CNC, assuming the HD4 is like my HD 3, when I run multiple cuts of the same piece, I remove the cut piece, place the next work piece in, and hit run file. Hope this helps.

Barry

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

I intend to laser a number, 1 thru 100 on the back. I was wondering if there is a way to program the file so that all I have to do is remove the piece and put the next one in.
Look up Plate Production in the help manual.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

charlieV

Post by charlieV »

Thanks guys
Barry I have the laser working fine for as good as it is. I ran the program for the front of the piece but I want to number each one on the back with the laser. I've coded (written) batch files for computer programs I used to use at work but I'm a little lost when it comes to cnc software.

AlanAndrews
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: ELU860

Post by AlanAndrews »

The video for plate production is very good. I have played with this option before, and watching the video reinforced earlier understandings. I also picked up on some of the key short cuts. Very useful. Thanks

charlieV

Post by charlieV »

Thanks everyone, I’ll work on it. I’m using a new pc with windows 10, when I use the key shortcuts either they dont work
I’m the case of f9 it shuts the window down and I need to put my password in to open. Any ideas.