This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Daner
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Industrial 8x4

Open Sign Lost

Post by Daner »

Hello all
I would like to make a open sign.
The sign that we are all use to has disappeared on me (Oval with the nice font)
I need help to get that free file
Could someone please post it here
Thanks

Dan

joeporter
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot Buddy Standard

Re: Open Sign Lost

Post by joeporter »

Just go to the Product Support button at the top of this page and it will direct you to that tutorial and the files...joe

Daner
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Daner »

Thanks Joe...But I think I may have a computer problem, Files don't get saved
I do remember that I had the Open sign file when I had the trial version of Pro
And I ran the file when my machine was not working right
It may be this old pc that works great with my cnc router, so I do not want to change the computer unless someone has a better idea with upgrading the computer.
Could it be windows is not installed properly?
It came with the cnc router
anyway...If I could just get that Open sign file that would help a lot now, then I can deal with the pc

Thanks for your help

Daner
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Daner »

I'm running windows 7 professional

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

If you can't save files on your computer you're going to have a hard time doing anything with your machine...

You can download the files from the link just above the video here - http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V9 ... video_id=4 - if you have another machine which will save files.

Probably best to change PC's ASAP as not being able to save files might be a sign of hard disc problems etc.

Daner
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Daner »

Adrian wrote:If you can't save files on your computer you're going to have a hard time doing anything with your machine...

You can download the files from the link just above the video here - http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V9 ... video_id=4 - if you have another machine which will save files.

Probably best to change PC's ASAP as not being able to save files might be a sign of hard disc problems etc.
Hi Adrian,

My Vectric files get saved that I create, I should say most of them get saved... some just disappear

From what I understand I need windows 7, Vista or XP to run the Vectric program
Or has this changed?
It would be nice just to buy a new computer that will work with Vectric and Mach3

potzmannwoodshop
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: 2 SCM Routech Record 120s(1999, 2001)

Post by potzmannwoodshop »

Daner wrote: My Vectric files get saved that I create, I should say most of them get saved... some just disappear

Or has this changed?
It would be nice just to buy a new computer that will work with Vectric and Mach3

Which version of vectric software do you have?

Daner
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Daner »

potzmannwoodshop wrote:
Daner wrote: My Vectric files get saved that I create, I should say most of them get saved... some just disappear

Or has this changed?

Which version of vectric software do you have?

9.015 :D

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

What operating system are you using on your computer just now ?

Vectric software will run on any windows system from XP upwards, I have run it on XP, Windows 7 & Windows 10

Mach3 however will depend on how the computer is connected to the CNC machine.
If you are connected Via a parallel port then there can be problems running latter versions of windows & you can only run a 32 bit operating system from what I have read. If you are using either USB or Ethernet then you have far more flexibility, I was running mach3 with a windows 7 64 bit computer via Ethernet & I think I would have been OK running windows 10 but never actually tried it :lol: :lol:

Daner
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Daner »

martin54 wrote:What operating system are you using on your computer just now ?

Vectric software will run on any windows system from XP upwards, I have run it on XP, Windows 7 & Windows 10

Mach3 however will depend on how the computer is connected to the CNC machine.
If you are connected Via a parallel port then there can be problems running latter versions of windows & you can only run a 32 bit operating system from what I have read. If you are using either USB or Ethernet then you have far more flexibility, I was running mach3 with a windows 7 64 bit computer via Ethernet & I think I would have been OK running windows 10 but never actually tried it :lol: :lol:
Hi Martin,
Im useing windows 7 on my laptop here now and i plan to do my design work on it as well
The shop computer is windows 7 as well 4 gb , it is conected by parallel port to the cnc router.
I think because windows is not installed properly in the shop pc, it eats up files...mainly the read files that would get sent to Mach 3

Life is good now that i design on the newer laptop and load it to a usb stick
then take it to the shop load the cvr file, then send it to Mach 3
If I loose the file, I will always have it here on the laptop.

Thanks all

Dan

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Hi Martin,
Im useing windows 7 on my laptop here now and i plan to do my design work on it as well
The shop computer is windows 7 as well 4 gb , it is conected by parallel port to the cnc router.
I think because windows is not installed properly in the shop pc, it eats up files...mainly the read files that would get sent to Mach 3

Life is good now that i design on the newer laptop and load it to a usb stick
then take it to the shop load the cvr file, then send it to Mach 3
If I loose the file, I will always have it here on the laptop.

Thanks all

Dan

If you have a suspect hard drive as Adrian has suggested then it might be an idea to swap it out now before you end doing some damage to your CNC machine, mach3 doesn't like anything going on in the background when it's running under parallel port control, if your only using the shop computer as a control for mach3 then it won't take much to install a new hard drive & a fresh copy of windows 7 :lol: :lol:
Since mach3 under parallel port control won't run on a 64 bit operating system then there is no need to have more than 4 gb installed on the shop computer. If your laptop has more then that will be beneficial & help speed things up a bit :lol: :lol: